Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's my tank that I had my buddy build when he built my xp. Its baffled and holds 11gal. Moved the battery up front and he built it so the seats would have room to come down about 3 inches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's my tank that I had my buddy build when he built my xp. Its baffled and holds 11gal. Moved the battery up front and he built it so the seats would have room to come down about 3 inches.

What material did you use?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Is this a true fuel cell? And we are looking at the bladder can? Or is this an actual fuel tank? How are you getting fuel picked up from one side of the tank to the other with a drive shaft tunnel (hump) in the middle?

This is what I was thinking of making originally, but am worried about protecting the tank from the drive shaft if their was a drive shaft failure. Then with adding a hump for the drive shaft to pass threw, how would I pick up fuel from the other side of the tank?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Re: Large capacity fuel tank!

Is this a true fuel cell? And we are looking at the bladder can? Or is this an actual fuel tank? How are you getting fuel picked up from one side of the tank to the other with a drive shaft tunnel (hump) in the middle?

This is what I was thinking of making originally, but am worried about protecting the tank from the drive shaft if their was a drive shaft failure. Then with adding a hump for the drive shaft to pass threw, how would I pick up fuel from the other side of the tank?
Its is actually a tank...no bladder....it has welded in AN fittings in the bottom center portion of the tank with baffles on both sides that have smaller pass thru holes in them....it allows the fuel to equalize but not to quickly so that side hills and off camber stuff doesn't effect fuel delivery...it has a tunnel for the drive shaft to clear and its made out of 1/4" wall high grade aluminum tubing...if there was ever any drive shaft failure it has plenty of clearance for movement and if it were to contact the tank it would hold up just fine...maybe a dent or two but its pretty stout in that area. I'm also running an external fuel pump and aftermarket regulator...the return is plumbed back to the tank and runs thru a tube inside the tank on the outer section to cool before it dumps back into the center section by the pickup...whether or not it cools the fuel I don't know but iv run the shit out of it and have not had one issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
heres what we built; twin 6.5 gallon tanks
the primary tank sits under the driver,
the secondary under the passenger
its an aftermarket fuel pump, regulater
when I need more fuel I flip a switch to
turn on the transfer pump
still uses the factory sending unit(modified)
so the factory gauge is still good

Attachments

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I hope Polaris has their eyes open and is reading this thread. "We want more fuel capacity." Please, 8.5 to 10 gallons would satify the masses.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Let's keep this thread going!

I spoke with Seth at Trail Tank and it looks like this could be a reality sooner then later. He thinks they could have a fuel tank ready for sale in the next 3 months or so. His preliminary measurements make him think without any mod's to the vehicle he can get another 2 gallons if not more. So that would put a OEM replacement at 9.5 gallons if not more. Since the XP & XP4 use the same fuel tank, this tank would fit both models. Then if they were to make a extra large or transfer style tank for the XP4 you could conceivably get 16-18 gallons.

We also talked about a fuel tank for the RZR-s and they would need a vehicle to model the tank after, but it should not be that different or complicated vs. the XP, so building a larger fuel tank for those models should not be an issue either.

So lets hear from more who would be interested in a larger fuel tank!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you guys considered a fuel cell like Fuel Safe's? They make both a 10 and 12 gallon cell made especially for Polaris. They're expensive and change the center of gravity but might be the ticket for me. They're SFI approved, too.

Box Table Rectangle Furniture Packaging and labeling

-
Sean

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you guys considered a fuel cell like Fuel Safe's? They make both a 10 and 12 gallon cell made especially for Polaris. They're expensive and change the center of gravity but might be the ticket for me. They're SFI approved, too.

View attachment 77944

-
Sean
Any pictures of one installed in a razor?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts