Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Kolpin windshield. Anyone own one?

I am thinking in summer just keeping the lower section on the RZR and winter adding the top portion. Anyreason that wouldnt work well?

Today I have the polaris 1/2 windshield and Im happy just looking for more winter protection.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Got one. IMO leave the top on all the time, tilt out slightly to vent when humid out or when inside steams up due to water on engine making steam. I removed the top once on a ride and it rained, we got soaked. With the top on it sheds rain great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love mine. It is awesome to be able to open up and get air and then if your ride runs over into the late cool night air just close it. Everyone on quads and without windshields are putting on jackets and I am still riding in a t-shirt.

The only drawback is looking through the thing with those bends where the two pieces meet. It is distracting and takes some getting use to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Extreme metal Products sells one very similar to Koplin, they are a vendor here.... check theirs out, will be my next buy.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I love mine. It is awesome to be able to open up and get air and then if your ride runs over into the late cool night air just close it. Everyone on quads and without windshields are putting on jackets and I am still riding in a t-shirt.

The only drawback is looking through the thing with those bends where the two pieces meet. It is distracting and takes some getting use to.
2x that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've had mine two years and think it's great. Still no scratches. I don't like where they come together either but you can't have everything.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
A buddy of mine has one of the tilt out Kolpin windshields and it's awesome. I wish I would have went that route. I'm regretting my full non detachable Ebay windshield.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
My Kolpin is sitting in the box next to the RZR.. I'm pulling the intrusion bars (windshields more important). Ive tried many others & wanted versatility. Just make sure you get a rear windshield as well..

I can't believe I even tried a half windshield............. <dust sucker>

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the PoPo half windshield and it was just fine in the summer but we've already had some hard frosts where I live and some awful cold rides lately so I got the Kolpin tilt and couldn't be happier. I keep it closed in the 35 degree morning and crack it open in the 75 degree midday temps. Lovin the versatility! As stated above the bent mid-seam takes a little getting used to but I don't even notice it anymore. FYI, I do have a rear windshield so still no swirl. :eek:k:

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have a JStrong Windshield that folds down and I love it. The only thing I dont like about it is it created a vacumn in the cab and every bit of dust comes in right on top of us. Its really bad. I ending up folding it down and it stopped immediately. Anybody have a way to prevent this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a JStrong Windshield that folds down and I love it. The only thing I dont like about it is it created a vacumn in the cab and every bit of dust comes in right on top of us. Its really bad. I ending up folding it down and it stopped immediately. Anybody have a way to prevent this?
Rear windshield. Some manufacturers even call them "dust stoppers". With a full front shield and no rear you'll get a swirl effect where the dust comes in from the rear and sides. With the Kolpin you can just open the window one notch which gets air flowing through the cab basicalliy eliminating the dust all together with a rear shield. IMHO

·
Registered
243 Posts
+1 on half windshield being a dust sucker even with a rear dust stopper even mounted an inch or two high.

Total waste of money for me.

Very interested in the bi fold.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had the PoPo half windshield and it was just fine in the summer but we've already had some hard frosts where I live and some awful cold rides lately so I got the Kolpin tilt and couldn't be happier. I keep it closed in the 35 degree morning and crack it open in the 75 degree midday temps. Lovin the versatility! As stated above the bent mid-seam takes a little getting used to but I don't even notice it anymore. FYI, I do have a rear windshield so still no swirl. :eek:k:
You do or don't have a rear windshield? I just ordered this and don't want a rear windshield unless I absolutely need one. Amazon.com was cheapest I could find. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
You definitely need to have the rear windshield when you use a front windshield. Without the rear it will suck all the dust from the back of the machine into the driver compartment.
The front windshield creates a vacuum effect and will suck dust real bad without the rear windshield.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You definitely need to have the rear windshield when you use a front windshield. Without the rear it will suck all the dust from the back of the machine into the driver compartment.
The front windshield creates a vacuum effect and will suck dust real bad without the rear windshield.
Yeah I've read that on here - also read that the tilt windshield can fix it by opening it a bit?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts