Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Bass Pro this afternoon and took a look at these. They seem to be built pretty well only hold 1.5 gallons so not a lot but figure 1.5 should get you a good ways. I know they make larger models I think 4 gal.

They did not have the mount for me to look at that would hold it.

Is anyone else using these? IF so how do they lik eit and where did they find a good place to mount?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm leaning towards the UTVtech mount myself, but it's limited to the Kolpin 1.5 gal

UTV Tech

I love the bolt on clamps by Side X Side but can't find them on their website. They fit the rotopax so you can get a 2 gal fuel pack - not sure 1.5 is enough

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I saw one of these 1.5 gallon cans mounted by the passenger seat where your heals would kick if you were swinging your legs. Should be pretty easy to find somewhere to mount it once you buy the can and single mount. I've used Rotopax and Kolpin and the quality of Rotopax is superior.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw one of these 1.5 gallon cans mounted by the passenger seat where your heals would kick if you were swinging your legs. Should be pretty easy to find somewhere to mount it once you buy the can and single mount. I've used Rotopax and Kolpin and the quality of Rotopax is superior.

Thjanks for the input. Is that the only mount that you guys offer? Have you tried mounting in any other locations?

·
"Oath Keeper"
1,013 Posts
Good question, I just checked the Rotopax mount does NOT fit the Kolpin cans. But the Kolpin mount fits the Rotopax cans.
That is very true We are using the Kolpin mounts with 2 Roto Pax 2 gallon tanks, mounted on the sides of our Seizmik rack and they work fine. The Roto Pax is 10X better than the Kolpin, which I got rid of because it leaked.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
We've got this simple mount for less than $40:

It is one of these, the pair is for the 4 gallon jugs or Rotopax:

Dave
Bottom picture - is that the Kolpin mount? The reason I ask is I am thinking of getting the 2 or 3 gal Rotopax fuel pack.
Do you think the Rotopax will clear the rear rollcage of a 2009 S in your bracket?

Rotopax 17 3/4 x 13 1/4 W x 3 H 2.0 gal
16 x 15 W x 4 1/2 3.0 gal
Kolpin fuelpack jr 12 X 11 ½" W x 4 ½" 1.5 gal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.