Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 rzr4 When i apply moderate to hard pressure to the brakes i feel a banging in the brake pedal and slightly in the steering. I think it must be my brake rotors. But when i drive in AWD i hear a knocking in the front diff( it think it comes from there) seems to be at every revolution and if i raise the rear end off the floor in 2 wheel drive and turn the wheels i hear it again. Can these 2 problems be interlink or just 2 different repairs. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say the 2 problems you describe are actually the same problem. I would also guess that it is not your rotors. I say this because you say you can hear it by just turning the rear wheels. When you turn the rear wheels, the shaft going to the front differential is still spinning. It's just not engaging the differential. This leads me to look at the front universal joint or the yolk/pinion splines at the front differential. I'm sure others will chime in, but that's where I'd start based on your description. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention my first tought was the front u joint so i removed the drive shaft and change all 3 u joint while it was apart and it did not fix it. My AWD seems to be working fine did a few trials. Might have to open the front diff. Thanks

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I'd check the axle CV Joints. One of them may be bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts