Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been fortunate enough to get a deal with Polaris and ATVScene.com to run a brand new 2011 RZR-S at the 2011 King of the Hammers UTV race.

Do you guys have any advice on the build up of the RZR?

The RZR-S should be delivered to my local dealer in about three weeks. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with the status.

The following sponsors are on board so far:
- Polaris
- ATVScene.com
- OctaneMedia.com
- EVS-Sport.com
- Maxxis
- Hostyle Racing
- HCR Racing

-b

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
well without a doubt change the springs and lose the rear sway bar

·
Banned
399 Posts
All driver skill that is what makes this race badass! Lots of pratice in the rocks and get a good wench. And moss is right set up the shocks on your "s" I would use Makin Trax.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion on the suspension. We are thinking about replacing the arms and shocks, but haven't really made that decision yet. I would like to keep it as close to stock as possible, but I still want to be competitive. It will probably come down to what kind of support we can get.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was told the winner of last years KOH in the SXS class was a near full stock RZR with LT (Mitchell Guthrie #555). I know on another forum there are some builders pulling out all the stops and building some crazy customs for the next KOH challenge, so its not gonna be easy if they're driving skills are as good as their fabricating skills are.

Heres a vid

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told the winner of last years KOH in the SXS class was a near full stock RZR with LT (Mitchell Guthrie #555). I know on another forum there are some builders pulling out all the stops and building some crazy customs for the next KOH challenge, so its not gonna be easy if they're driving skills are as good as their fabricating skills are.

Heres a vid YouTube - KOH-guthriewin
Yeah, I was actually in that video near the end, holding a video camera. I have been to the race the last two years. Here's some of the footage I shot there - 2010 King of the Hammers UTV Race on Vimeo

Do you have any links to the builds you mentioned? I have been trying to find some purpose-built rigs, but it seems most builds are focused toward pure desert racing, which makes sense due to there being a lot more desert races.

-b

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
do you need some graphics DONATED?
watched the vimeo - and much of that we have access to as we pay a yearly license.
i.e.: warn, monster, red bull, etc depending on your agreements with each.
at least the driver#?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you need some graphics DONATED?
watched the vimeo - and much of that we have access to as we pay a yearly license.
i.e.: warn, monster, red bull, etc depending on your agreements with each.
at least the driver#?
Please send me your email address in a PM and we can talk specifics.

thanks,
-brit

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What a cool opportunity...you need to touch base with some of the fine vendors here...

You'll need seats so Chris at Twisted Stitch is the man to talk to and speaking of talking, Greg at Rugged radio can hook you up with the best in communications!

Who do you have lined up for a cage? Are you going to replace the stocker or modify it (if possible)?

Can't wait to see the final product! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a cool opportunity...you need to touch base with some of the fine vendors here...

You'll need seats so Chris at Twisted Stitch is the man to talk to and speaking of talking, Greg at Rugged radio can hook you up with the best in communications!

Who do you have lined up for a cage? Are you going to replace the stocker or modify it (if possible)?

Can't wait to see the final product! :)
Thanks for the info. Seats and radios are definitely on the top of the needs list. I will reach out to those guys. Do you have any direct contact information for them? If so, please PM it to me.

As for the cage, I will be replacing the stock cage with a chromo cage. I am still working on the options (DIY, off the shelf, etc.).

I will also be building bumpers/sliders for it.

I'll post up pictures and details here as it evolves.

Thanks again,
-brit

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
wraps? yeah shop gnome and his gnomies were wrapping during break the other day..
we wanna go wheelin,
cant describe the feelin,
but our doors kits be a stickin,
cause all the latches need a fixin...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The tire fairy stopped by today and brought a big stack of Maxxis Bighorns!

We're going to be doing a shootout between the 26" (staggered) and a couple of (yet unnamed) 30" tires. We will produce a video segment from the test and post the findings.

-brit

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to get a deal with Polaris and ATVScene.com to run a brand new 2011 RZR-S at the 2011 King of the Hammers UTV race.

Do you guys have any advice on the build up of the RZR?

The RZR-S should be delivered to my local dealer in about three weeks. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with the status.

The following sponsors are on board so far:
- Polaris
- ATVScene.com
- OctaneMedia.com
- EVS-Sport.com
- Maxxis
- Hostyle Racing

-b
Word---HCR HCR Racing, LLC :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where's the Updates?
I spoke with Damon at HCR last week at length. I will probably go with him for the arms and use King for the shocks. He was very helpful on the phone and gave some great suggestions. HCR also makes a slightly beefier set of arms that would be a little more rock-resist for KOH and for the ECORS series.

I'll keep the thread updated as info rolls in.

I also need a great set of radios (hint, hint).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Where's the Updates?
I spoke with Damon at HCR last week at length. I will probably go with him for the arms and use King for the shocks. He was very helpful on the phone and gave some great suggestions. HCR also makes a slightly beefier set of arms that would be a little more rock-resist for KOH and for the ECORS series.

I'll keep the thread updated as info rolls in.

I also need a great set of radios (hint, hint).
Hey, great to hear that you've hooked up with Damon.

Now, about those radios....(grin).....Color me clueless. :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts