Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm looking into new tires. Right now, I'm running the factory Maxxiss tires on the black steel rims. My main goals are to keep them light, run standard sizes (25-10x12 rear and 25-8x12 front), and obviously not break the bank.

I'm debating between the Maxxiss Bighorn 2.0 and the Kenda Bear Claws. The Kenda price is right, and have received good reviews, and they are lightweight. But I'm concerned about terrain compatibility... most of the reviews are for mudding, which I do not do.

My typical terrain is Southern California (Mojave) desert trail running... some hard pack, some sandy washes, some power line/pipeline maintence roads, some sand dunes from time to time. No mud.

Anybody know how well the Kenda Bear Claws work in this type of environment? Thanks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know about desert sand, but everything else on your list is very well handled by the Bear claws. Go to the Kenda website and check the actual, versus advertised sizes before you order: i.e., a 26x12x12 is really only 25.1" in diameter. Bighorns are the opposite- a 25" branded Bighorn is closer to 26" in diameter and is measurably taller than 26" branded Bearclaw. Doing as much research as possible before you buy will minimize the chances of a disappointing purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts