Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ive had my rzr ive washed it twice. Both times the belt was wet and wouldnt go. Yesterday i got mad enough to tear the thing apart and see why this was happening. I thought the first time i made a rookie washing mistake and got water in the intake or exhuast of the clutch. Well that wasnt the case. Upon inspection i found a sizeable gap in the clutch cover at the top. Its almost like the cvt cover is deformed. So instead of me taking it in for warranty i pulled it apart and rtv'd the thing. Im sure thats what the dealer would do anyhow. So if you are having any problems take a look at that. Its pretty much bs to pay this much money for something and have a petty problem like that potentially ruin your ride, or your belt.

People have been really helpful to me since i joined here so i figured this find might give me the chance to help someone else.

Thanks.

·
Knucklehead
502 Posts
Heading out to my garage this morning for the same reason. Didn't cause any problems riding, but I found mud splatter inside the cover so it got in somewhere and it wasn't the snorkel.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
did your clutch get overheated at some point?
I have seen where the clutch was slipping and causing it to get hot and then the plastic can start to melt near the exhaust tube.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it hasnt been hot. Ive pretty much been babyin it. Only has 200 miles on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got me wanting to check mine out now. It hasn't slipped on me yet but I'm sure it probably has some mud in it.

·
Knucklehead
502 Posts
did your clutch get overheated at some point?
I have seen where the clutch was slipping and causing it to get hot and then the plastic can start to melt near the exhaust tube.
Never thought of that, it doesn't look distorted any but possibly enough to let water in. Going through muskeg would cause it to heat up quite a bit I'm thinking.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was gapped right on top. Almost like the bolts werent tight enough...but they were pretty snug. I made them as tight as i could without stripping them when i put it back together and it pulled it in pretty decent. There was still a tiny gap so i rtv'd the seam on the outside across the top of the cover also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.