Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just got back from a late camping trip. This weather is crazy. It was well over 80 this weekend, when this time of year we should be seeing 60 ish.

Here's some pictures I took of my father-in-laws plots at Gilmore Idaho.

Picture of new F350, with sunset in background:

Camper with son walking away from me:

New way to haul the boat to the lake for some fishing:

Dogs, being dogs, laying in the dust:

Little dog is the smart one, she waits till noone is looking to get a good seat:

Picture of my father-in-laws buildings. He took some 2 1/2 ton army cargo trailers and converted them to little cabins.

Jason

I hope next weekend is just as nice.

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
what a hideaway.... enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last time I was out in Gilmore, (20yrs) there was a great ol Ghost Town of Gilmore east of the highway. Is it still there?
There's still some buildings left. In fact I had breakfast in the two story red barn that used to be a Model T dealership when the town was still mining. The guy who bought that place is a good friend of my father-in-law. Someone bought the town site and is selling off lots there. I think a lot is about $3500. Basically that'll get you enough land to have a place to put your trailer. When you were there last, did you go up to Meadow lake? That's where we hauled the boat to.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Jason, I own some lots up in Gilmore too. I live down in Poky. Have seen your "rolling cabins" when hiking around the townsite. Would love to chat with you sometime about them. I was up there last weekend. Weather was great until the middle of the night when a storm front blew through. Looks like we might get snow up there this week though. If it's not too deep I am planning on heading up there for Halloween. I'm new to this forum, so not sure if you can email me back... Cheers, Penny Pink

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Penny,

Last weekend we were at Camp Creek by Spencer Idaho. We got rained on off an on all day Saturday. Sunday was pretty nice though. Still managed to go on a small ride. On your way up to Gilmore, stop by the Army Store off of I-15. That's my in-laws place and ask for Dana. Dana is my father-in-law and its his lots at Gilmore we stay at. I winterized our camper this weekend, so I think we're done camping for the year. Riding up there in a bit snow is actually alot of fun. We've been up several of the canyons and too a few of the old mine sites with snow on the ground. Best part of the snow means no dust.

Jason

Hey Jason, I own some lots up in Gilmore too. I live down in Poky. Have seen your "rolling cabins" when hiking around the townsite. Would love to chat with you sometime about them. I was up there last weekend. Weather was great until the middle of the night when a storm front blew through. Looks like we might get snow up there this week though. If it's not too deep I am planning on heading up there for Halloween. I'm new to this forum, so not sure if you can email me back... Cheers, Penny Pink

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool. Will look Dana up when I get up that way. I might be building an igloo next weekend if we get the snow predicted... Spending Halloween in a Ghost Town somehow seems fitting. I hope to get up there a couple times this winter to do some x-country skiing... so, perhaps our trails will cross. Cheers, Penny

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Will look Dana up when I get up that way. I might be building an igloo next weekend if we get the snow predicted... Spending Halloween in a Ghost Town somehow seems fitting. I hope to get up there a couple times this winter to do some x-country skiing... so, perhaps our trails will cross. Cheers, Penny
Thats actually a pretty good idea. I'm hoping to pick up some used x country skis to use in the field behind my house.

Jason

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Penny,

A brewery :) I'll defiantly have to stop buy next time I'm in Pocy. I have to travel for work a little bit and my favorite thing to do is to visit the local breweries. I've got a few favorites in California I like to stop at.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! PVB is open M-Sat for lunch and dinner and we have 10 beers on tap as well as Sarsaparilla that I make right here too. Hope to meet you soon either up in Gilmore or down here in Poky. Back to cleaning draft lines... whoopee. Cheers, Penny

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
Awesome! PVB is open M-Sat for lunch and dinner and we have 10 beers on tap as well as Sarsaparilla that I make right here too. Hope to meet you soon either up in Gilmore or down here in Poky. Back to cleaning draft lines... whoopee. Cheers, Penny
You folks are killing me................ how much is that land again? And how close IS the brewery? :xboit5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts