Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I keep a keen eye on EBAY, and shortly after this auction was posted today....I jumped all over it. Advertised was 2 complete, brand new in the box, rear Gorilla axles for the RZR. The "buy it now" price was $450.00 and there was a "make an offer" option. I tried to make an offer, but the auction was only for the USA. I immediately contacted the seller, and asked him to add Canada to the auction. He replied back saying he didn't know how. I replied back with my phone number and he called right away. He still couldn't figure it out, so he decided to end the auction and I sent him the payment thru PAYPAL right after I got off the phone with him. Turns out, it was Mike from Dick's ATV....whom I just happened to purchase ITP wheels from a while back for my Grizzly 700. He remembered me, because I was bilinvic on GrizzlyCentral forums, of which I was a major contributor during the time I had my Grizzly.

....Anyhow, I ended up paying $400.00 plus free shipping for two brand new Gorilla axles...talk about a major deal. They normally sell for $415.00 each, plus $60.00 shipping to my home from Gorilla.

I was wanting to buy Super ATV's Rhino brand axles, but they aren't in stock until later this fall :rm_thumbdown:. I looked into Turner axles, but at nearly $500 bucks a corner, that's too rich for my blood. I was wanting new HD axles since I have a new clutches arriving next week, and combined with my heavy Pitbull tires and Racertech 2" lift kit, I figured stock axles were going to give me some grief one day soon. I should be good to go now....unless my rear diff packs it in!!!

I've heard lots of good and bad stories regarding Gorilla axles...so now, I will be able to have my own story, first hand.

Any comments from those that are running Gorillas on their RZR?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
screaming deal!!! i just paid 209 each for the rhino brand, wanna trade?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Bil, the only problems, that I personally, have heard is from my friends with Yamaha Rhino's, ... is they break the Gorilla's. ??? They are pretty hard on their machines though.
Ken

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do come with a year warranty...if they break, then so be it. I'm hoping they won't. Nonetheless, they have to be better than the stock axles.

mark5193....I've heard good things about the axles you bought...like I said, they were my first choice.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
No worries, you got a good deal.. I don't think they are worth MSRP Even more so now that we have Rhino brand axles from super ATV.. But for the price you paid they are more then worth it..

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Gorilla's have been good to me. I have thousands of miles on +4,+6 and now +8 and only one failed CV joint and that was good for about two thousand miles.
The product is great the customer service can be somewhat Sloooow...... :)
That's good to know Gary. Thanks.
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts