Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to your forum, we just added a 2018 RZR S 1000 eps to the family, I have owned many ATV,s ,Yamaha,Honda ,Polaris but this is the first RZR SXS. Anything thing special I need to know? How long do drive belts last? How often are you adjusting valves. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,941 Posts
This is oft asked, so I'd search, but wear items that are somewhat common:

• Wheel bearings (varies a lot)
  • Belt (varies)
  • Valve adjust (2500 miles or when it starts hard when cold)
  • spring sag / ground clearance (every year)
  • Correct toe-out
  • Full fluids replace (oils and antifreeze)
  • reverse wash the radiator

Welcome, and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to ask without searching, Just got the machine so I have not had any problems yet to search. Feel free to delete this post, I wont bother you guys again.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
483 Posts
The biggest thing to watch out for is your wallet.

I have owned and trail ridden atvs for a couple decades. I would add a winch and skid plate and that’s it.

Then I got my first rzr. Had it for almost a year and still buying stuff for it. What makes it worse, is not only does my wife not mind, but she encourages me. Finding stuff she likes.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,941 Posts
OP, while we've our share of immature azzholes here, most are pretty solid guys. We need more of the latter, less prima donna. You'll have to decide how you want to comport yourself.

For the next guy consider these benefits to actually searching:

1) While I gave the OP 7 things to consider to get him started, how many other aspects do you think have been covered over the years? What is your plan to access all that information?
2) How likely do you think it is this thread would cover them all? Heck, I read here often and today just learned more about cam tensioners as a weakness.
3) Each of the 7 items I mentioned is it's own issue, with pages and pages, years and years, of experience in addressing them. How would you expect to gain that knowledge without searching and reading?
A. Let's take wheel bearing greasing. Is my answer the right one? Some of you know there are several conflicting thoughts there. How do you learn those without searching and reading?

Let me close with this: Courtesy here is valued, and politely suggesting one search is a valid answer. If you're also welcomed and given some good answers to get you started, well, that's a pretty solid start. The rest is up to you.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
331 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, Im new to your forum, we just added a 2018 RZR S 1000 eps to the family, I have owned many ATV,s ,Yamaha,Honda ,Polaris but this is the first RZR SXS. Anything thing special I need to know? How long do drive belts last? How often are you adjusting valves. Thanks for any info
If you stay out of the mud and water, your twiddy bits will last for some time. Your twiddle bits will also last longer if you resist purchasing bigger, heavier wheels and tires. Aftermarket suspension seats are a game changer for all day riding. I like MotoRoof's rear screen to keep sand and dirt from flinging forward onto your head.

I got 2K out of my last belt, but I also know i can smoke a belt in less than an hour. My solution was to install an IR temp sender and gauge to control my midnight yah-yahs in the Paul Bunyan Forest so I don't strand myself with bigfoot and the bears again because of a blown belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts