Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased 2011 RZR-S...Woohoo!! Now I need a trailer to haul it in. Will it fit in a 5X10???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You need something bigger than 5', the S is slighty over 5' wide. Get the biggest trailer you can afford and safely tow. No matter what you buy you will wish you got the bigger one:ride: Minimum IMO I would get a 6x12.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
This is my S on a 6X12 trailer. It seems like a good fit. It could fit on a 5X10 just be sure the tires and axles are big enough to never have a problem.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
dose the 5' have sides?
do the wheels stick out?
The 6X12 trailer in my picture is actually 8X14 so yes it takes up a lot of space.
Some smaller trailers have little 12" tires. I wouldn't trust my 18K RZR on some POS toy trailer.
Just be safe.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
This is a 5X8 Harbor Freight trailer $599. In my opinion not a good enough trailer to safely tow your RZR S around.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
For an enclosed I would go no smaller than a 6X12 (gives a little room for gas cans, coolers) which it what I use and its a good fit but a 7X12 or 7X14 would make getting in and out easier. It will fit in a 6X10 but thats the smallest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not looking for enclosed, open trailer it is. 5x8 is definitely too small. Ive read some people load em up in 5x10s but its not too clear whether its a regular RZR or an S.

·
Force it
75 Posts
8'6" X 20' enclosed, But than again I fit:
RZR-S
YFZ 450
Raptor 700
Preditor 50
and its a little tight but I think I can fit one more small one

·
Registered
209 Posts
While it might squeeze on a 5 foot trailer, no way would I do it. I use a 6 1/2X10 and I wish it were longer and wider!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mines 77" by 12' with a 2 foot drop deck. I like the drop because the back ramp is not as tall by 2'. I wouldn't get the 5' myself because of climbing in and out. Mine you have a area where you stand to get in and out. With the 5' you are going straight to the ground. Just a thought. Mines a Rice Trailer if that helps.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Also I would stay away from the cheaper models like they sell at hardware stores. Remember that RZR weights a thousand pounds and you need to get the weight loaded right. Good Luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
Remember if you must squeeze on to a 5 ' trailer you can ratchet strap the a arms to make it slimmer. Or get a lift kit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts