Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you keep the RZR from nose diving so bad when you jump???

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
some jumps are gonna make you nose dive no matter what. best jumps have long face, short faced jumps are lawndart makers. you can stiffen front springs a little, keep rear compression soft, at least thats my setup.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

new to the jumping world so what is lawndart?

I guy I ride with has a 900 and he put water in his back tires to help..Is this ok to do or is it bad?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Floor it on take off and if it still dives floor it in the air!

that is what I do on those jumps where it dives. on all others just keep throttle stable or better fully floored approaching the kicker.

and it goes like this:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you keep the RZR from nose diving so bad when you jump???

Keep the rubber on the road.

:)
lol...that is the best way but not the fun way...:) I have just got into jumping after riding with a friend that was jumping his 900..:22yikes:

I know a front bumper has to make a difference on nose dive..How much of difference will it make? I have one and am debating on taking it off...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not a pro but my setup look like this: first take off the front bumper if ever you nose dive it's over!
Jack up the front the more you can do and lower the back until the coil is almost free ( do this while rear wheel don't touch the ground) for valving it's + 20 all 4 corner. Off course you have to go WOT
And keep it like that until you land! 4x4 help if ever you nose dive just keep the WOT and the front wheel will pull the rear down but it's really hard on the front diff

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Don't jump your RZR, prevents damage to the machine and those inside and perhaps those that might be in the way!

JMHO

Pirate

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
This is the beat lawn dart Ive ever seen :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Yea its a Rhino but the best one so far

·
Registered
531 Posts
A reputable dealer once told me "you'll hurt yourself before you hurt the machine" I think as long as I'm not LAUNCHING my Rzr I should be ok. I've caught air many times with no damage yet. Turning it into a lawn dart might hurt Rzr and rider.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the info

new to the jumping world so what is lawndart?

I guy I ride with has a 900 and he put water in his back tires to help..Is this ok to do or is it bad?
moisture is not good for tires, makes them rot
To an extent yes. But that's only when wet and dry cycled. Very common. For the 4 wheeler guys to put water in rear to help keep it planted in mud or keep the rear down during water wheelies.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
remove the water, water does nothing to help, AT ALL, in fact i think it will also cause more severe rear end kickup.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
remove the water, water does nothing to help, AT ALL, in fact i think it will also cause more severe rear end kickup.
I think you are right about that... Once the rear end starts heading in the upward direction, which it will, the momentum of the weight/mass of the water will help it keep going up...

Revalving to add more rebound damping should help along with stiffening the front compression so the front kicks up... But you do not want to land a jump on the gas you will most likely break your axles or CV... gassing it when you in the air will pull the front up but if you let off your nose will dive...

Me solution was going to a top shelf shock set up (Elka) with adjustable rebound. It works real nice and lands soft. Also if you are not the only one driving, it makes that tendency to kick from the rear less severe for inexperienced drivers.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am waiting for the Fox dual speed compression shocks to come in..I will get up here and talk about adjusting them the right way when I get them in..thanks for all the help..

Also i dont have water in my tires a friend of mine does..I will not be doing it now..

Thanks for all the info guys..How about my bumper I asked a couple posts back if taking off my bumper would make that much of a difference and some guy that apparently cant type and has only posted one time replied..Can yall confirm or deny what he said?

Thanks again

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I'f you're talking about a Polaris rear brush guard...the thing only weighs about 7 pounds probably make no difference at all.

Pirate

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry...I forgot to say what kind of bumper..EMP Outback with winch mounted on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts