Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
mr. mc93yj, thanks for your video. its neat. thought about going that day to watch. just sit in my toy and watch...uhhh....professionals?
gotta comment please. i have only been there 4 times but always got the impression that the facility towed the line for event day. that management would have had checks in place to prevent that embarrassing stuff. the baby stuff ends and serious hats go on. proper equipment, proper everything. i didnt see the orange arrows.
What are the rules?.......did that clown just slip thru?...........what was with all the debris? loved that support staff he had!

any input or insight is appreciated.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
google it............their website doesnt do it justice.........do a google map satellite and zoom in. some of the forest trails are visible and creeks covered by the trees.

oh and dont worry about seeing that guy from the crash video cause when he heals up hes headed to vegas to rent them, up by the race track i hear.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr. mc93yj, thanks for your video. its neat. thought about going that day to watch. just sit in my toy and watch...uhhh....professionals?
gotta comment please. i have only been there 4 times but always got the impression that the facility towed the line for event day. that management would have had checks in place to prevent that embarrassing stuff. the baby stuff ends and serious hats go on. proper equipment, proper everything. i didnt see the orange arrows.
What are the rules?.......did that clown just slip thru?...........what was with all the debris? loved that support staff he had!

any input or insight is appreciated.
that happen sat afternoon before the race.like all parks they have rules just some peope don't pay attention to them.He had no business doing that jump witha stock rzr.race rules are pretty simple helmet,goggles,doors or nets they have changed the track in some parts for safety reasons but kyle warns everybody about that jump before every race it's really not that bad if you hit it at the right speed

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
How many showed up for the race? I wanted to come, by the kid's soccer is killing me!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And for going to watch pros at the badlands that's not gonna happen we run the trec race just for fun the money you win if you win does not pay for much it's more about bragging rights to the few guys that race every trec race.but if you ever get a chance to race next year I'm sure you would have fun.a 4 seater ran and he said it was the funnest thing he has done in a while

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
thanks mr. mc93yj,... i understand better.

i took notes.......really not that bad....must go at least 50.....check

all in good fun

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
You guys should come down and run with us in 3 weeks October 24th. We pay $250 to win in each class and we have a bunch of gift certificates to give away too. Home We have a bunch of guys coming from Iowa with stock to turbos. I am working on a video of the course I just took. Try to get it uploaded soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I trashed my front diff I new there was something wrong but ran it anyway held off a nessy tyrex for about a 1/4 lap until I bottomed out and went into trees wasable to get back on course after everyone passed me then was in second two laps later wouldn't have won if the tyrex nessy woulnd have broke down but a win is a win if I get it fixed I will try and make if not will be there next year for sure

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
google it............their website doesnt do it justice.........do a google map satellite and zoom in. some of the forest trails are visible and creeks covered by the trees.

oh and dont worry about seeing that guy from the crash video cause when he heals up hes headed to vegas to rent them, up by the race track i hear.
Hmmm not sure Id want that guy renting from me!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

Thats why I installed 5 point harnesses.

Guy was lucky he was only spitting out teeth imagine getting landed on by someone else.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a quick question, and please excuse my ignorance. I dont do jumps and I am not asking this to start, just curious. When you see a jump like this how do you know how fast you need to be going to stick the landing? I mean if you come up short its pretty unforgiving so it looks like you pretty much better get it right the first time........

Are there some sort of signs that get posted to let you know if its the first time you run the track? I havent ever noticed anything like that in any of the vids.... But it seems like a hard thing if you have to find out by experience! lol

I am not that fast to heal up and cant afford that many parts to repair mine... So I will stick to my rock crawling and just watch the jumps on you tube!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At this jump the owner of the park built it and jumped it first in his rzr to test it then let everyone know how fast to go he said 50 is a good speed lands you at top with smooth landing.myself I like the feel of jumping closer to bottom
so I go a bit faster But I will admit I have almost wrecked a few times from going to fast

·
Registered
405 Posts
So then you do usually get some sort of idea of how fast to go! Thats cool, and the price for not taking the advice is STEEP as seen in the video above...

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Don't forget, you must be on the gas all the way up the ramp and let off in air, NOT before! Helps to keep the nose from dropping.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Pin it to win it! After seeing the aftermath of not clearing that jump, I salute you guys for having the balls to do it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts