Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The july ride command update disabled the button to access the front camera! Does anyone have an older firmware so I can revert to a version that the front camera actually works?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I don't have the old firmware to help you, but my front camera works with the July update. When you say "disabled", do you see the front/rear toggle but it doesn't do anything? Do you still have the front camera selected in the settings menu?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
My front camera still works as well.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Is the old firmware not available on the website? Before mine went "end of life" and they stopped releasing updates for it, they used to have more than one available on the website. If not, you can probably call tech support and get it from them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that the touch area in the upper left is disabled for some reason in the normal menus, etc. The camera toggle cannot be activated due to the touch portion being 'dead', it also prevents the info screen from being accessed as well, however the area of the screen is re-enabled when I shift into reverse, then the upper left corner of the screen where the camera toggle button is located once again works. If shifted quickly to the menu I can sometimes get it to access the 'info' screen.

Seems like a bug in the gui layering between the menus. Hopefully polaris will fix it.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Ride Command has a direct hot line phone number. Call them and report the problem and see if they can talk you though it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with them, they can't do anything and suggest bringing into an authorized dealer. which I'm sure the the dealer will just try and charge me some absurd fee to look at it and then suggest I buy a new ride command head unit because they have no technical ability to do anything else. So my option is to wait for polaris to release another update in the future or find a previous version of the firmware and revert to a version where everything works.

Kinda annoyed right now, its definitely a case of well we don't want to do any real work to fix this problem so go do our procedurally prescribed route that will not result in a solution.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried reloading the update. Sounds like something went wrong with your update install

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Seems to be a one off problem. Mine and other work with no problem. Do what is suggested and reload. The other thing to check is to pull the hood and dash and be sure the connector is pushed on right on the back of the head.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've reloaded the firmware 2x already. I will try reloading it on the usb and starting over.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Reformat the usb.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Just got off the phone with them,
(snip)
So my option is to wait for polaris to release another update in the future or find a previous version of the firmware and revert to a version where everything works.
Did you ask them if they could provide you with the older firmware?
I went and looked at the website for the 7-button RC, and I see that they list the older releases but do not include download links.
That's a little weird to me because on the page for the 5-button RC, they have links for several previous updates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea especially since theres another guy on the forum with the same problem... likely more than just the two of us as well.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Then enlighten us with the solution.
Since the current update does not disable the camera in everyone's system, I'd say it's a corrupt file download rather than a software code glitch. As several have suggested, check all settings, format the drive, reload.

I've been in this situation many times with Lowrance updates as well.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I have a different model of Ride Command but when I have had glitches with mine, and reloading the current firmware did not help, loading the old version wiped out all data. Then going forward again worked. This process was suggested to me by a RC tech support person.

Computers and electronics are funny things.

I would definitely try formatting the USB stick or trying a different one, downloading a fresh copy of the file. But I would not rule out stepping backward and then forward again if the old file can be found.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

kinda long video but showing how the touch input is disabled for the upper left portion of the screen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts