Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use JL amps
I know there are a lot with JL speakers but need info on if they have the same ‘screaming’ feedback that the wet sounds amps do when paired with ride command
Thanks I’m advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have JL amps. Love them. Have been using JL stuff for 25 years. Dating back to car audio days. But my current rzr stereo has JL amps. Very happy w them so far.

152 Posts
Yes, had the same problem with my Ride Command and JL Audio. There’s only a few options out there that will kill the feedback/screaming from your Dynamix Suspension. Depending on how savy you are with Audio systems, you can pay for a plug and play system designed specifically for your RZR or build a system as I did.

152 Posts
UTV stereo has some plug and play systems and a Black Friday deals but they can be some $$$$. I can look at some stuff for ya if your interested.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a NON Dynamix 2021 RZR XP 1000 with Ride Command (it has the Walker Evans setup). Assuming I won’t have the feedback issues with Dynamix that others are having, but also wondering if there are other issues anyone else has had with using the JL Components while keeping the stock ride command head unit.

I was hoping to use JL Audio because I’m a fan of the quality/sound, and have read reviews on the JL Audio stealth box sub sounding the best. I already ordered the stealth box and the mono amp. I ordered the other 4 channel JL Audio amp as well to power new floorboard and pod speakers.

But on the Rockford Fosgate side, they seem to have a seamless plug and play approach with their harnesses, amps, and speakers for use in keeping the Ride Command head unit.

Any advice? Anyone else already cross this JL Audio vs Rockford bridge?

152 Posts
Without the Dynamix you can do just about anything you want!!! Let me know if I can help with anything, I get a decent deal on JL Audio stuff! Only issue is availability sometimes has been terrible, just depending on what you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2021 Turbo S with dynamix. I just want a little more volume from the stereo. It has the MB Quartz speakers in the doors and I would like to stick with that for mounting. So maybe just add a larger amp and swap those speakers out? Not looking for a subwoofer, or any pods, just want to keep it simple. Anyone have any suggestions?

152 Posts
It’s tough on those, they are super shallow because of the mounting depth, maybe look into a shallow mount Kicker or Pioneer marine speaker. The amp is another thing, they are all pre wired for those speakers so you would have to do some mods to replace that amp... can’t remember if there are any gain adjustments on the stock MB Quart amps, maybe start with that.

·
Registered
2019 XP4 HighLifter
255 Posts
I have a JL 600/3 running 2 Wetsoudns 6 1/2s in front pods and a JL W3 Sub in glovebox off ridecommand with no feedback. I also have a wetsounds stealth 6 in the rear that i have to utilize a ground loop isolator on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, had the same problem with my Ride Command and JL Audio. There’s only a few options out there that will kill the feedback/screaming from your Dynamix Suspension. Depending on how savy you are with Audio systems, you can pay for a plug and play system designed specifically for your RZR or build a system as I did.
I have just a regular XP Turbo with ride command and I’m trying to install MB quart amp with door speakers. I have a lot of feedback, static, high pitch whistling that I can’t get rid of.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This seems to be the constant w ride command. Please do yourself a favor. Get a JL or Rockford head unit and start fresh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I undersrand it’d be easier for sure. I just really wanted to have everything integrated into the Ride Command. :(

152 Posts
Yeah, I undersrand it’d be easier for sure. I just really wanted to have everything integrated into the Ride Command. :(
You can, look at Rockford Fosgate stuff. If you use there RFPOL-RC5, you can use your Ride Command with no feedback issues and decide on the amp set up you want. Message me if you need some help!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have just a regular XP Turbo with ride command and I’m trying to install MB quart amp with door speakers. I have a lot of feedback, static, high pitch whistling that I can’t get rid of.
Put a Pac-80 in line of the main hot wires to amp. Use the amp turn on to control Pac-80. This is what fixed mine.

18 Turbo S

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can, look at Rockford Fosgate stuff. If you use there RFPOL-RC5, you can use your Ride Command with no feedback issues and decide on the amp set up you want. Message me if you need some help!
Hey, I've struggled with Ride Command Stereo for a long time. Been running a cheapo Pyle amp with MBQuart in door speakers (front/rear). I'm not overly concerned with a life of the party sound system so trying to keep it cheap. If I want with this RFPOL-RC5 are there amps in the $150-$300 range you'd suggest other than the $720 TM1000X5ad that RF recommends? I ran extra speaker wires back to the battery in case I wanted to add a couple pods in the back.
TIA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a NON Dynamix 2021 RZR XP 1000 with Ride Command (it has the Walker Evans setup). Assuming I won’t have the feedback issues with Dynamix that others are having, but also wondering if there are other issues anyone else has had with using the JL Components while keeping the stock ride command head unit.

I was hoping to use JL Audio because I’m a fan of the quality/sound, and have read reviews on the JL Audio stealth box sub sounding the best. I already ordered the stealth box and the mono amp. I ordered the other 4 channel JL Audio amp as well to power new floorboard and pod speakers.

But on the Rockford Fosgate side, they seem to have a seamless plug and play approach with their harnesses, amps, and speakers for use in keeping the Ride Command head unit.

Any advice? Anyone else already cross this JL Audio vs Rockford bridge?
Hey I just order

1 - 20 of 26 Posts