Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved this from the ARRA. If you are not signed up for their email alerts, then you should be. They are free and only take a minute to register.
Here is the Email-
In Your State...
State-by-State Info
Access Issues, Public Meetings, Contact Information... all this and details about the National Forests in your state on ARRA's comprehensive state pages.
Share ARRA!
Tell-A-Friend...
If you have already registered as an ARRA member, you can help be a stronger voice by sending e-postcards to others. Our grassroots movement needs more voices! Use our Tell-A-Friend page to help someone else stay informed by registering to receive ARRA's legislative alerts and newsletters.

Help ARRA!

To better help ARRA advocate for responsible access, please forward any messages you receive from Members of Congress in response to this or any ARRA alert to [email protected]. Also, if you receive a message encouraging you to use a webform to send a message to a Member of Congress, please copy and paste the letter from the ARRA alert into the webform and send. Thank you.
Weigh In to Encourage Your Members to Reject Omnibus Approach
Recently ARRA asked you to weigh in with your Members about a possible public lands omnibus, as we were concerned that Congress may try to move legislation similar to legislation that passed last year. Last year’s bill cobbled more than 160 separate pieces of legislation into one massive package that permanently eliminated the potential for motorized recreation on more than two million acres of public lands that were designated as wilderness in nine states. In addition, the package added three new national park units, a new national monument, three new national conservation areas, more than 1,000 miles of national wild and scenic rivers and four new national trails. Also signed into law as a part of the omnibus package was the National Landscape Conservation System (NLCS) Act, which is currently being used to limit motorized access on Bureau of Land Management lands.
It is time to have your voice heard again, as some in Congress are starting the process on developing a new omnibus bill. Representative Martin Heinrich (D-NM) is circulating a letter for signature by other Members that encourages Congressional leadership to lump together more than 150 land use bills and pass them as one.
It is important that you contact your Member of Congress and key Congressional leaders to let them know you oppose a new massive omnibus public lands law and that a repeat of the 2009 law will mean more restrictions to access, and to ask them not to sign Heinrich’s letter.
Please click the Take Action link below to urge your Members and key Congressional leaders to oppose a massive omnibus bill in favor of ensuring that all public lands bills have hearings to allow for full local input.
TAKE ACTION!

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
I'm IN!

Hate to say it everyone, but this NEPA chit is the real deal and spreading like cancer. Basically, Tree Humpers pressured Obama into pressuring USDA Forest Service and BLM to close stuff........even if there are no particular complaints or indian farts in the area. Just close'em! I'm seeing it for the first time with my own eyes in Mohave County...........It went thru Bullhead, now Havasu, and Parker is next (La Paz County).

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I'm IN!

Hate to say it everyone, but this NEPA chit is the real deal and spreading like cancer. Basically, Tree Humpers pressured Obama into pressuring USDA Forest Service and BLM to close stuff........even if there are no particular complaints or indian farts in the area. Just close'em! I'm seeing it for the first time with my own eyes in Mohave County...........It went thru Bullhead, now Havasu, and Parker is next (La Paz County).
I doubt seriously that anyone had to "Pressure" Obama... That guy has shamed his own dang party (let alone our nation)....If a nose can fit anywhere...He WILL stick his in it!!

BlueRibbon Coalition All-The-Way!

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Thanks Paul, keep up the great work informing folks!!!

I've been banging this drum in various places for nearly ten years now, if you folks value your recreation you had better get with it NOW!

That means subscribing to action alerts, writing letters, making phone calls, attending meetings, voting in OHV friendly politicians plus joining National, Regional and Local OHV groups/clubs starting with the BlueRibbon!!!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I've been banging this drum in various places for nearly ten years now, if you folks value your recreation you had better get with it NOW!

That means subscribing to action alerts, writing letters, making phone calls, attending meetings, voting in OHV friendly politicians plus joining National, Regional and Local OHV groups/clubs starting with the BlueRibbon!!!
You sure do alot. Where have you been? I haven't seen anything from you posted in awhile now.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts

You sure do alot. Where have you been? I haven't seen anything from you posted in awhile now.
We ALL need to do a LOT or we're going to lose a LOT!!!

I just got home late Wednesday from a five week stay in the hospital which was due to an accident I had while working on my acreage. Thanks for noticing my absence and taking up the fight!!! I'll be laying low for quite some time so please keep up the great work!!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I just got home late Wednesday from a five week stay in the hospital which was due to an accident I had while working on my acreage. Thanks for noticing my absence and taking up the fight!!! I'll be laying low for quite some time so please keep up the great work!!
Sorry to hear that. I hope your recovery goes well and you get back to enjoying the outdoors.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I hope your recovery goes well and you get back to enjoying the outdoors.
Thank you! I'm already trying to figure out how to get my ride wheel chair accessible . . . :shhh:

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
If you haven't alreay done so please take action on this Omnibus threat Paul has brought to our attention!

Congress did this last year and permanently locked up millions of acres of OUR PUBLIC LANDS. There was NO assessment of merit nor individual scrutiny of the areas in question, they just closed them . . . they will have no hesitation to do it again!!!

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
I thought you were laying low? good to see you around here. Hows the recovery going?
It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, I guess you can't keep an old activist down! Besides, I have little else I can do!!!

I'm getting better every day, thank you!

Here's a BRC Action Alert on the same issue so folks have two resources for use in beating on their PUBLIC SERVANTS :).

Congress To Consider Omnibus Land Bill Urgent Action Needed - BRC Action Alert

Comments you can make:
Please vote NO on the Omnibus Public Lands Act of 2008 (S. 3213).

I strongly oppose combining many of these so-called "land bills" into one "Omnibus" package. Doing so eliminates careful review and allows special interest groups with large powerful lobbies in Washington DC to outweigh the voice of individual citizens, such as myself, who regularly visit and enjoy our public lands.

I am also very concerned about how specific bills contained within the Omnibus package will eventually eliminate public access to public lands. Specifically, the National Landscape Conservation System (S. 1139 & H.R. 2016), the Prehistoric Trackways National Monument (S. 275) and the Owyhee Public Land Management Act of 2008 (S. 2833)

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Well, I read up on the BRC and I am very proud to find that we have an organization just like the military for lobbying and trying to help us (for the military we have AUSA)...seems like no matter whether your a Soldier fighting for better pay and equipment, or your now a retired Soldier actively fighting for your rights just to drive on public land, you still need to support organizations that actually have a proven track record for helping out!

I just followed the links and became a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition. I humbly recommend that if you havnt read up on this organization and what they are doing that you do so. I'm sure all of us can think back to when we were younger and where we used to ride and we can ALL think of those places that are now off limits... It's starts with a membership... That's all I've done..it took 5 minutes of my time and they accept PayPal, it already all setup.. You can also make donations if you wish. Either way it's a win win. I personally will now be coming more involved as I had no idea just how serious this issue is now becoming...Again, good luck and I hope you join in the fight, because we are in one whether you know it or not......

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw that one too. Thanks for reminding us and bumping these threads. Maybe a couple of people will get involved. I think rzrforums should do a giveaway drawing for new signups to the BRC. It may help to get the word out.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Well, I read up on the BRC and I am very proud to find that we have an organization just like the military for lobbying and trying to help us (for the military we have AUSA)...seems like no matter whether your a Soldier fighting for better pay and equipment, or your now a retired Soldier actively fighting for your rights just to drive on public land, you still need to support organizations that actually have a proven track record for helping out!

I just followed the links and became a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition. I humbly recommend that if you havnt read up on this organization and what they are doing that you do so. I'm sure all of us can think back to when we were younger and where we used to ride and we can ALL think of those places that are now off limits... It's starts with a membership... That's all I've done..it took 5 minutes of my time and they accept PayPal, it already all setup.. You can also make donations if you wish. Either way it's a win win. I personally will now be coming more involved as I had no idea just how serious this issue is now becoming...Again, good luck and I hope you join in the fight, because we are in one whether you know it or not......
Thank you for your service, advocacy efforts and joining the fight via membership in the BRC and your post here . . . from a fellow Veteran!

Kudos . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
I saw that one too. Thanks for reminding us and bumping these threads. Maybe a couple of people will get involved. I think rzrforums should do a giveaway drawing for new signups to the BRC. It may help to get the word out.
We have to keep these threads out there so people who mainly view the main page and areas other than this sub-forum get the call to action too, the issues are too important to let them languish.

Your idea is a good one regarding the drawing, PERHAPS SOME OF OUR VENDORS WILL STEP UP WITH PRODUCT TO HELP ENSURE THEY STILL HAVE A TARGET AUDIENCE TO SELL STUFF TO??? We'd likely need to get buy in from 4Nines or other management types but I know the forum owners are supportive of efforts like these and they faithfully renew the seven forums belonging to the UTVForums.net with the BRC yearly to prove it!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts