Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
You know, this is a great idea. As a medic, our company offers similar at around $50/year. Ours covers your family for that price. (No I'm not a salesman and no ours doesn't cover Glamis).Most people think their insurance will cover a flight. Not true, as most will be hit with a $10k plus bill after their insurance coverage. Good idea posting this info..

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I went on a flight after a dirt bike accident in Barstow... Not cheap. Was $25k

·
Registered
630 Posts
I hope no one here ever needs it ,But if you do it will save you a bunch of money .Please be careful out there this year guys !!!!!.:)

REACH - Membership
Thanks for posting this...I feel a bit embarrassed for saying this after so many years at the dunes, but I didn't even know this service was offered. Are the REACH helicopters the only ones that are always at Glamis, or are there multiple companies that have helicopters? I want to buy a policy for any helicopter that would potentially pick me or family member up. Thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is great, had no idea this existed!! come monday i will have this added to my coverage, because i have seen alot of people air lifted out of glamis and it's better to know im covered then not.

·
Administrator
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope no one here ever needs it ,But if you do it will save you a bunch of money .Please be careful out there this year guys !!!!!.:)

REACH - Membership
Thanks for posting this...I feel a bit embarrassed for saying this after so many years at the dunes, but I didn't even know this service was offered. Are the REACH helicopters the only ones that are always at Glamis, or are there multiple companies that have helicopters? I want to buy a policy for any helicopter that would potentially pick me or family member up. Thanks!
Reach is the main one ,you can also check with your health ins.co some of them are now offering flight insurance coverage .:)

http://www.reachair.com/purpose/pdfs/R9.pdf

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Mine from little sahara on May 27 of this year was 25,000 just for care flight and the hospital was only 70 miles away. Total bills as alot of you know who have been following the thread my guradian angel Frank started (rider down wild woody ) and were so nice to help me know my total bills for every thing was right at 310,000 and I still am not done. go to thearpy 3 times a week and getting my 3 nerve block shot again Tue. Then if you look at time lost at work and money. Please becareful when you see winds getting up to high speeds. We were headed back to camp necause of high winds with my 11 yr and her friend and driving very safe and the wind flipped us over to double roll that landed on the wheels and did alot of damage to my back. I too though like most of you do not me I drive safe or like I have heard many say. I am a experiance driver I know what I am doing it wont happen to me. I saw alot people from the dunes at Saints Marys hospital and the dr and nurses say they see so me on a regular basics evevery week and half dont walk home like i did. i was parlized for 45 mins and let tme tell you if you have ever experince that it was the most awful thing i ever have. it made me alot closer to God in those 45 mins then I ever had my 51 yrs that i lived. So please get the care flight ins.

·
Registered
847 Posts

REACH - Membership
X2!!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Frank is the fee per famliy memember ? And does it work any where in the USA ? Because at little sahara it didnt say care flight it was a some other name helecoptor and they were really nice people in there as we made that flight.I will never forget that flight laying there thinking wow I thought I would never be in one of these hurting like I was. Sure was better then a 70 mile drive in ablulance.. I see them all the time but you always think never me. My number came up this time.

·
Administrator
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Frank is the fee per famliy memember ? And does it work any where in the USA ? Because at little sahara it didnt say care flight it was a some other name helecoptor and they were really nice people in there as we made that flight.I will never forget that flight laying there thinking wow I thought I would never be in one of these hurting like I was. Sure was better then a 70 mile drive in ablulance.. I see them all the time but you always think never me. My number came up this time.

REACH for Life Membership Program

When your life depends on getting to a medical facility as quickly as possible, REACH is awaiting the call.

REACH for Life membership covers the gap between what your health insurance covers for a transport and the balance of the bill, which could be thousands of dollars.

As a member of our REACH for Life program with current health insurance coverage, you pay no additional fees for an emergency air medical transport provided by REACH. We will bill your insurance carrier and accept their payment as payment in full. If you are a REACH for Life member without health insurance at the time of transport, we will bill you for fifty percent of the transport cost; the balance is covered by your membership fee.

REACH Air Medical Services and Cal-Ore Life Flight are now one company. This means your REACH for Life membership benefits apply whether you are flown by REACH or Cal-Ore.

A membership costs $50 per year for a family or an individual. A family membership covers the Primary Member, their husband or wife (or domestic partner), and other family members who live in the same residence. Please contact us to discuss discounted rates for groups of 25 or more people.

California
Concord | Imperial | Lakeport | Marysville | Redding | Santa Rosa | Sacramento (Fixed Wing)
Stockton | Thermal | Upland

In Oregon:
Corvallis

In Texas:
Houston | Pearsall | San Antonio

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
This is a smoking deal! As a firefighter paramedic i always come across the dilemma of fly the patient or not to fly a patient. And to be honest i always think about the financial burden that the medical bills are going to run a family. With this there is no worries. And at the dunes if you get hurt your taking a helicopter ride. I have been purchasing this since they started this. Don't want my family to be stuck with the financial burden.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 36 Posts