Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Does not make me want to run out and sell my XP4 1000 for a new one and I really would like a newer SXS with Turbo.. I am not a fan of Honda as a company but I really think that new Talon is more appealing..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Agree. I stick with my ride command 2018 for now. I do like the 96" wheelbase AND the new cockpit though

·
Registered
779 Posts
12 gallon fuel tank is awesome as is the adjustable steering wheel.

Doesn't make me want to run out and sell my 2018 though

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Does anyone know if the suspension is dual rate with crossovers? I cannot see a crossover stop on the shocks.

Looks pretty good to me.
1750 lbs- much beefier and nearly to the weight of an XX.
I wonder if the same folks that bagged on the XX weight will praise the new XP?
Probably.

1 inch longer than the XX also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one, 2020 RZR XP Pro ultimate $28,500. super excited cant believe i spend so much money on a toy. 9 error codes right from the start. radio cant hear over 25 mph, problems with blue tooth, its conneted but cant hear music from phone. this is my 4th side by side 1st polaris i want to love it but have not been happy so far. have a case in with Polaris (case # 6115983 and service case # 6119127) i have been calling polaris for 3 days trying to see what fix they might have. when you spend $30K on something you want it to run, only so many days of riding before snow fly's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
2020 RZR has it's problems

I really felt like this was the rig for me until I spent many hours looking at the bones, driveline, fit and finish in person. It has some improvements on paper that make me want it. Promise of durability with stronger driveline parts was a motivator for me. Seemed like many issues of belt and driveline problems that plague many of the past RZR 1000 rigs had been addressed. That doesn't seem to be the case for end users. Many teething problems could be avoided, but with control of the market share they don't care enough.

If they let 50 different guys do a 500 mile test run in several different areas around the US the testing they claim they went through would identify an easy fix for issues before production. I know this wont happen, cuts into profits. Without it they will never reach quality we want such as Honda. End user is stuck buying aftermarket parts and their own mechanical know how = more $$$dollars and wasted time instead of enjoying time on the trail.

Racing is rough on equipment. That's why its a great R&D tool. It's also sad to see serious Polaris race guys currently replace belts a few times during an event to prevent a DNF. Been that way for snowmobiles a very long time and it hasn't changed enough considering size and horsepower of UTVs. For us guys who just ride with some pace for fun we can't be doing that trail side belt replacement or pit stop at camp daily for expensive belt changes. That's why I cringe when Polaris wants to point out the updates to the belt cover for quicker belt changes :( How stupid is that to point out that racers will appreciate being able to change belts faster like putting more gas in the tank at a pit stop and adding a belt to that process to ensure you finish next 45 minutes..... Likely we will see a better way in the future to get past this issue, but with turbo power belts will continue to be big business for a long time and a pain for us, the end user.

Fancy doors are flimsy and body work feels more fiberglass that forgiving plastic. It shows scratches on a painted panel just like my wife's new car... Rather have the forgiving plastic with a little less eye candy. Passenger side top storage box hits a pillar before completely open. Center console is a knee bruiser for me. Flip switches feel cheap like you need to use caution using them while on the move and gloves on. See myself breaking one in rough trail trying to flip one on the go. Rocker switches seem more reliable.

There were balance wts on rear driveshaft and all ujoints are the larger of the puny units they use on UTVs. No grease fitting and size is same as low RPM PTO shaft on small tractor. If the ujoint were spicer with grease fitting just one size larger it would improve driveline 50% and end all but crash damage or racing wear.

I am a big fan of the rear box design. Few bolts and you have easy access to so much of the engine. This was a huge improvement, just needs a removable rear gate to finish it off IMO. I'm also a fan of the new seats, very much an improved design for comfort and hopefully less squeaky flexible seat bases.. I would invest time to make that system fit my 2018 for sure.

The gauge cluster is easier to read while on the move. Even so, I'm not a fan of all the advanced electronics such as electronic control of suspension. Great that they offer a unit without this. This is an offroad rig that must endure dirt and water and often out in the elements all the time even when not being used. That's hard on electronics and will cause problems over time. I see it as something that could end your ride and not easy trail fix. Trip to the dealer for sure. Some people like that stuff, but I prefer the version without distractions of so many buttons on the wheel and screens on the dash. Not like we are on cruise control going down the highway when driving offroad. Need to focus on driving IMO.

Lots of potential, but lots of problems still need to be addressed. Maybe in 2022 they will get it closer to the machine many of us really want for such a large chunk of change. IMO, Retail price is not justified for current level of quality available. However, the performance when everything is working properly is hard to ignore. Fun has a price and it's not cheap with any high performance UTV I have seen. Still, my TRE has replaced my jeep and then some so I will buy another someday. Just hope its a reliable unit worthy of the big price tag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts