Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to really get to ride my xp and it feels like a lot of slack in the steering. I haven't done anything but crank the shocks.

Is this normal or should i have this looked at?

H

·
0 Posts
If you turn the steering wheel and the wheels dont move, ie the steering has play..not normal
Does the machine have EPS? EPS can feel a little weird if you arent used to is..it steers so easy. But again..rock the steering wheel and watch the tires..if it has play something is wrong...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't play or enough to be noticeable. No doesn't have power steering as of yet but it's on the list. It's hard to explain what it's doing. Needs a lot of room just to turn, even sometimes it would even feel like it was fighting against the turn. Felt like the front right wheel was cambering out instead of in. I'm almost positive that this isn't normal.

H

·
0 Posts
Ah..is the steering unusually stiff as well? Sounds like you may have the front drive stuck engaged..did it start after backing in AWD? If that's what it is put it in 2wd and back up a little ways, if it still does it then try jacking up the front tires and see if you can spin them..if the front drive is stuck engaged you won't be able to turn them independant of the rears..a couple snatches on the tire in the reverse direction of rotation should break it free if backing up doesn't work

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i guess that was what was wrong since i backed it off the trailer at the dealership and it failed to duplicate what it was doing during the ride. They were looking at me like i was an idiot, o well at least i know what to do now it it happens again.

To answer the question, yes i had to back out of a hole.

Thanks for the advice octane..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Typically cranking the shocks requires the toe to be set correctly for the new ride height. I am fighting that right now. It wants to scrub the right tire bad and has a pull to the right. All I did was increase ride height by adjusting the shocks.

H

·
0 Posts
Well i guess that was what was wrong since i backed it off the trailer at the dealership and it failed to duplicate what it was doing during the ride. They were looking at me like i was an idiot, o well at least i know what to do now it it happens again.

To answer the question, yes i had to back out of a hole.

Thanks for the advice octane..
Glad that's all it was..pretty common..if you back up in AWD and loose traction and go back forward before fully regaining traction the front drive unit can stay engaged. Just put it in 2wd when you are in an area you have traction and back up again to disengage it. As much as this happens I'm suprised Polaris hasn't added an instruction in the Owner's Manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts