Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning my rzr last sunday i noticed this gash in my tire. The psi has still remained at 7. It is a 6 ply tire. I know it being on the outer wall sucks but can i just patch it or fill it with something since its not leaking? i just got these tires 3 weeks ago it would suck to already have to buy a new one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
id run it no problem. Either take some dikes and cut it off or rubber cement it back just so it doesnt get hung up and get worse.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Go to your local hobby shop that sells RC Planes and Cars and get some of that Black CA glue. It has rubber in it. The car guys use it to glue their tires to the rims. It will work.....I've had to use it on my tires.........

·
Registered
697 Posts
What no plugs? I have a side wall with 8 plugs in one hole. I run my tires till they are worn out or have a hole I can't seal.

Your fine.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Go to your local hobby shop that sells RC Planes and Cars and get some of that Black CA glue. It has rubber in it. The car guys use it to glue their tires to the rims. It will work.....I've had to use it on my tires.........
X2, I used to race model cars & it'll fix that sucker right up.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Also...keep a tire plugging kit and a bunch of plugs (20 or so...yes...at least 20!) I have two Bighorn 2.0 which received sidewall cuts, leaking ones, at less than 50mi and against convention I plugged them with 2-4 plugs/rubber cement. 200 mi later without leaks...much to my chagrin as I expected to have a very temp fix to finish a vacation at best. I have seen many posts about members doing just this (some with 8 or more plugs in one gash!) and having long term fixes. As the previous poster suggested, being that it is not leaking and has no plug to interfere with an internal patch, I also suggest putting an internal patch as a pre-emptive strike.

·
swamp donkey
347 Posts
Just have it vulcanized. Problem solved and cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts