Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of us I live a long way from the SXS candy stores located in the major urban areas. So, I am dependent upon shippers to get stuff to me. I like UPS, but there is a Temporary Black Hole (TBH) on the route to my place. Every single time I get the dreaded, "There has been an exception in your delivery", my stuff is stuck in the same TBH.

That TBH, is Lathrop, Ca.

This time it was a tool I need to get my car back on the ground. A coil spring compressor kit, to be exact. This piece arrived in Lathrop at 6.56pm and at about midnight I got the dreaded TBH notification. I dunno if it missed the truck to the north, or what, but strangely, my wife has ordered some entirely unrelated thingamabob for the house which has also fallen into the Lathrop TBH.
Until now, I have been convinced that somehow the TBH knows when the parcel is critical to operations here at FBT World HQ, as the TBH management team has always selected the parts I need the mostest the quickest to select for a tour of the TBH.
The fact that whatever gizmo the wife ordered has been sent to the TBH seems to put a question mark to that theory.
Or, the TBH managers recognize the last name and just pulled her stuff in for the heck of it.
The Lathrop Temporary Black Hole is only active on Thursdays. It holds my stuff for just long enough to keep me from getting my parts on Friday. which means I won't see them until Monday....which means I am screwed out of yet another weekend of riding.
:mad:(n):rolleyes:

The explanation UPS puts in the TBH notification is amazing and infuriating. It amounts to, "something happened, we don't know what it was, or if we do we won't tell you, but we do know it was beyond our control and isn't our fault, and it has delayed your stuff. Since it is now Friday, it will sit in the TBH and you should get it Monday. Have a lovely day,

I like UPS the best of all the shippers...but there is something going on in Lathrop, Ca.

Do any of you guys have a UPS TBH on the route UPD uses to get to your place?

Reactions: SuperATV and Max H

·
Registered
634 Posts
Had this happen several times recently. most recent was an order for some new taillights for my trailer from Etrailer, their warehouse is literally 20 minutes away from me, I placed my order and it was shipped out next day then sat in the hands of the shipper for 11 days before it made its way to me. Typically i use their will call and pick up the parts i need but unfortunately will call is closed due to Covid madness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rumors I've heard is that there are several UPS centers (especially in CA), that have seen huge increases in volume due to everyone being at home shopping. This is probably causing the delays you have seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Our UPS rep was saying they are behind more than they normally are during Xmas

UPS waiting.jpg

·
Can't 'Member.
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rumors I've heard is that there are several UPS centers (especially in CA), that have seen huge increases in volume due to everyone being at home shopping. This is probably causing the delays you have seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes my driver tells me the same thing. The rural guys are pretty cool. However, this deal with LAthrop has been going on since long before the Covid. I dunno...my stuff will be here today allegedly. I am at the end of his route, but I pushed too hard today and my back is out, so I am done anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts