Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Polaris belts are really good. Going to test the HW belt next. I have it, but the old belt is holding in there. My 2014 XP1000 was one of the machines that benefited from the HW washer, so I installed it. Keeps the belt from going too low in the secondary clutch. All I know is if the teeth on the belt start coming into contact with the bottom of the pulley, huge heat, then belt failure. HW has an excellent video on it where he marked the shaft between the sheaves with a permanent marker. If the belt got down there far enough, it would rub the marker off the shaft. While creating big heat. White washer keeps the belt from going that low. From what I remember....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ya, I use the washer on all belts. Didn't notice anything on the top end speed, but probably lost 1 or 2 mph. I don't mind that. I just want the belt to hang in there. I guess technically, the belt should never touch the shaft with the teeth, so now my top speed should be "in spec"..... even if I lost a couple mph.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I didn't read through all the replies but I'm guessing you got votes for all manufacturers.
I've been running the Hunterworks belt for about a year now, mainly trails but a mix of everything from pavement to sand. No deep mud (over a foot).
It's held up great for us.
But just as important as belt life is the fact Todd is on here regularly supporting this community and jumps in and helps on almost every clutch/belt issue with non-bias advice. That's the kind of company I choose to support.
Can't say I ever see Polaris in here helping out even though they have made millions from this community, have you?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just noticed some slight abrasion on the inside teeth of my belt so I’m going to try that white washer. Hope it doesn’t mess with my clutch kit setup too much.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts