Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
The pro is not NA. They are all Turbo. The next step is a 4 cylinder and incresed electronic suspensions and 72" models. They are nowhere near a performance peak. They are on the cusp of huge innovations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They would need to be super tiny cylinders to be a 4 cylinder and stay under the 1000cc thresh hold, and at that point a triple or dual with bigger cylinders would still be a better option...….

·
Registered
45 Posts
They would need to be super tiny cylinders to be a 4 cylinder and stay under the 1000cc thresh hold, and at that point a triple or dual with bigger cylinders would still be a better option...….
1.5 or 2.5 is where I see this heading. NA 300 HP machine...just a prediction ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
1.5 or 2.5 is where I see this heading. NA 300 HP machine...just a prediction ;)
LOL. You wish it was 300hp in a 1800lb rig. That is just not going to happen. At 195hp your already at the limits of the motors and turbos. They can't and won't go over 1000cc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got off the phone with the Polaris dealer on trading my XP Pro Premium in for an Ultimate. Wouldn't give me specific details but he said to wait until the end of the month because they are coming out with something new. Seemed to think they were putting the Slingshot motor into the Pro.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Really hope they release a non turbo pro xp with all the same strong parts, really do not need 181hp where we ride and will never own a machine with a chain for reverse..would be a hard decision between a Talon an NA Xp pro

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Do you guys really back up that much? Lol. I get that it’s a poor design, but I back up if I have to get off the trailer, park, or reach a dead end. However, I would never own a turbo machine because half the failure threads on here are related to forced induction lol. Turbos are a great way to squeeze cheap power out of a small engine, but a larger displacement is a far superior way to get reliable power, especially in an offroad vehicle. I’d buy a higher hp RZR in a heartbeat as long as it wasn’t too heavy and didn’t have a turbo. The Pro fails at both criteria.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not see the old body going away anytime soon. They sell a ton more of them compared to the PRO, and it is also infinitely cheaper. If the PRO is going to go N/A and replace the XP, then they have to lower the cost from 23k for the base model down to 16-18k and I just do not see Polaris doing that.

More likely they update the XP line, and you get a 72" PRO version.
Yup. All I could see them pulling off the Pro to get the price down is obviously the turbo and a more basic suspension. That still wouldn't be enough to drop the price by almost $7K to take the place of the S model and such.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really hope they update the older XP line and keep the price the same. I still can’t get over how ugly and cheap looking the new pro is.I know it performs better but compared to the 2020 XP’s the pro’s styling is hideous and took one step back IMHO.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
All it takes is one ride in the Pro XP and you can really feel the difference in the ride. I was able to put a bunch of miles on my friends Pro XP 4 this past weekend and all I can say is WOW. I have a highly modified Turbo S 2 seat and I can tell you once the 2021 models come out it will be for sale. The Pro XP rode just as good or better than my Turbo S which has completely redone suspension. The stock seats and seating position on the Pro XP is way better as well as how much room is in the machine. I have aftermarket suspension seats in my Turbo S and they don't compare to the stock seats in the Pro XP. The dynamix suspension on the Pro works way better than on the Turbo S. I can't even imagine what the Pro will be like once the suspension gets worked over by a good suspension company. The power delivery on the Pro is also way better than on the Turbo S. Now comes the hard part how do I choose between a 2 seat and a 4 seat Pro XP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All it takes is one ride in the Pro XP and you can really feel the difference in the ride. I was able to put a bunch of miles on my friends Pro XP 4 this past weekend and all I can say is WOW. I have a highly modified Turbo S 2 seat and I can tell you once the 2021 models come out it will be for sale. The Pro XP rode just as good or better than my Turbo S which has completely redone suspension. The stock seats and seating position on the Pro XP is way better as well as how much room is in the machine. I have aftermarket suspension seats in my Turbo S and they don't compare to the stock seats in the Pro XP. The dynamix suspension on the Pro works way better than on the Turbo S. I can't even imagine what the Pro will be like once the suspension gets worked over by a good suspension company. The power delivery on the Pro is also way better than on the Turbo S. Now comes the hard part how do I choose between a 2 seat and a 4 seat Pro XP.
As for choosing between 2 seat and 4 seat...I had a 2018 XP4 Turbo Dynamix which was my first SxS. That was an awesome buggy, and when I bought it I just knew the 4 seat was the only way to go. After having it a couple of years, and realizing I had only actually had people in the back seat a few times, decided to go with the Pro XP 2 seater. Caption Obvious here, but the 2 seater is so much easier to get around tight trails. That and the Pro has a tighter turn radius than the XP, made a huge difference. I also felt like the Pro XP4 needs a lift and bigger tires to "look" right. To me, the 2 seater looks perfect with 30"s. You can't go wrong with either, just my $.02.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally agree! I have a 2018 XP that I have $15,000 in easy and my friends 100% stock XP Pro rides and feels far superior. I have full shock therapy, suspension seats, upgraded sway bar and link, etc etc and its still no comparison. His is the live valve so that helps a ton but still. I am holding out for a 72" model Pro and once we get that (I really think thats what the 2021 model will offer) then I am selling mine and going with the new Pro's. I too and torn on a 2 or 4 seater. I rarely need the extra seats but we do camping trips often with our SxS's and the storage space or lack there of kills me on my 2 seater.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personally feel the two seaters are way more fun but there are many situations with bigger families where the four seater makes more sense.
Also you can put a bump seat in a two seater to haul an extra little one with.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts