Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be BS; a person in the service department at my dealer told me today that the Pro XP may be discontinued next year. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,668 Posts
I imagine the current XP / XPT platform is on it's last leg, but the Pro chassis definitely isn't going anywhere. You'll see an NA model in that chassis, and a 72"+ version, the PXP IS the new RZR. 2020 was more of a soft release for the chassis design before they put all the models into full production on that chassis.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I imagine the current XP / XPT platform is on it's last leg, but the Pro chassis definitely isn't going anywhere. You'll see an NA model in that chassis, and a 72"+ version, the PXP IS the new RZR. 2020 was more of a soft release for the chassis design before they put all the models into full production on that chassis.
Are you saying there might be specific models towards rocks and trails, and mud, and dunes. Or just turbo. 72 wide turbo and non turbo?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,668 Posts
Are you saying there might be specific models towards rocks and trails, and mud, and dunes. Or just turbo. 72 wide turbo and non turbo?
I more just saying what I think the logical next step is, I’m not sure what they’ll do as far as special models. I do expect an NA model in the PXP chassis tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they do continue with the Pro they need to replace the crap base springs in the back that are probably China made. These things are sagging at 50 hours. Our clearance in the back is 11 inches and no way to change the preload. Not enough room. We are hitting every little thing on the trails. Garbage. Now to spend 1000 bucks to get decent springs.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The Pro XP will be continued. They are suppose to release a 72" wide version. This is the next generation and will not be discontinued.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Polaris just dumped a bunch of money into R&D the Pro line, so it will be around for years to recoup the cost and to generate a profit. I see the XP fading out in the coming future.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
We need the main springs not the tinder.
I thought I read somewhere that Polaris was going to replace the sagging Pro XP springs for customers. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've no idea what Polaris is doing in the future. But, I think the older XP and the newer XP Pro are entirely too different to compete against each other in the same market regarding price range and intended use. Unless they come out with cheaper naturally aspirated models and specialized models on that same platform, I think Polaris would lose a considerable amount of market share to Can Am if either were dropped.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I believe The XP1K is the best selling sport SxS on the market. Hard to believe Polaris would ditch that. I don't see the appeal of a NA Pro over the current XP1K. Yes, it's a stronger chassis with better suspension geometry, but it adds a lot of weight and is gawd-awful ugly. I don't see the Pro going anywhere, but the pricing would have to come way down to get most into that chassis. Especially when the trail/S/XP chassis are so good. I'm still more excited for a narrower (65") KRX than anything coming from Polaris. It's kinda hard to tell where any of the manufacturers go from here. They've kinda hit a performance peak. I'd say you'll see lots of "luxury" and refinement in current units over radical redesigns for a while.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe The XP1K is the best selling sport SxS on the market. Hard to believe Polaris would ditch that. I don't see the appeal of a NA Pro over the current XP1K. Yes, it's a stronger chassis with better suspension geometry, but it adds a lot of weight and is gawd-awful ugly. I don't see the Pro going anywhere, but the pricing would have to come way down to get most into that chassis. Especially when the trail/S/XP chassis are so good. I'm still more excited for a narrower (65") KRX than anything coming from Polaris. It's kinda hard to tell where any of the manufacturers go from here. They've kinda hit a performance peak. I'd say you'll see lots of "luxury" and refinement in current units over radical redesigns for a while.
The pro is not NA. They are all Turbo. The next step is a 4 cylinder and incresed electronic suspensions and 72" models. They are nowhere near a performance peak. They are on the cusp of huge innovations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
I do not see the old body going away anytime soon. They sell a ton more of them compared to the PRO, and it is also infinitely cheaper. If the PRO is going to go N/A and replace the XP, then they have to lower the cost from 23k for the base model down to 16-18k and I just do not see Polaris doing that.

More likely they update the XP line, and you get a 72" PRO version.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The pro is not NA. They are all Turbo. The next step is a 4 cylinder and incresed electronic suspensions and 72" models. They are nowhere near a performance peak. They are on the cusp of huge innovations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Lol. I’m well aware the Pro is only offered with one engine, a turbo. I was responding to those speculating on a NA Pro being offered. As far as performance, yes, there is always room for improvement, but the current offerings will perform beyond acceptable levels for the vast majority of buyers. I personally think there was a fork in the road with the introduction of the Turbo S and X3(72”). There are machines that are trail-oriented (basically SxS ATVs), and there are machines that are striving to be miniature trophy trucks. There is some overlap, but it’s almost splitting into two different markets. The chassis are all good enough where you can do almost anything with them using the aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts