Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a RZR4 with 4pt Crows all the way around. I devised a way to connect the shoulder belts to the lap belts but it's a bit mickey mouse. The harness still connects the same way so it's safe, just the "connection" between the shoulder and lap belts are MM.

Anyway, my local dealership NOW carries 2" DFRs that are connected the way I want them, have a bit better padding and a much better sternum strap. To top it off, they are $35 LESS EACH than I paid for my Crows a few months ago.

I have only used the RZR twice since installing the Crows, but what could I even get for them?? Is it worth selling them and getting the DFRs??

Thanks for your input.
Dave

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
DFR one is more comfy.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
They offered both sets up here at our dealership, I like the DFR (bought them) because the padding was thicker the chest clip was huge and flat, the belts were 4 inches wide, and the strap at the top is seperated more like an actual "H" The crows they had were dainty compaired and connected behind the head rest area, I dont remember if they had a high chest clip? Both Brands were wonderful compaired to the stock, It boils down to your personal preferance. Me DFR's Hope this helps...

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
I also have the dfr's and they are great no sore spots even when landing wrong and they are very easy to latch along with the size of them is widely adjustable in the rzr. I am 6'2 280 and they dwarfed me when first installed so I had to really adjust them to fit but when taking kids along for the ride they will easily go small enough to hold them in as well

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the five point Crows, don't know any better so I think they are just fine. I really like the twist release. Seem to be comfortable no rub points but like I said I don't know.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought the 3" padded Crow's for two reasons. 1st, they are approved for racing, so the testing has been done. 2nd, is the sternum strap on the DFR is a plastic clip that looks like it would break after a while. The DFR's seem to weigh less so they look like it may be more comfortable on the shoulders. But I wanted the 5th point and that was not an option on the DFR.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I bought the 3" padded Crow's for two reasons. 1st, they are approved for racing, so the testing has been done. 2nd, is the sternum strap on the DFR is a plastic clip that looks like it would break after a while. The DFR's seem to weigh less so they look like it may be more comfortable on the shoulders. But I wanted the 5th point and that was not an option on the DFR.
Mine broke on the first wreck, snapped that little plastic clip like it wasn't even there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine broke on the first wreck, snapped that little plastic clip like it wasn't even there.
I see in your signature that you now have the Crow's! :ride:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I still have the DFR's, I just added the crow 5th point strap to them. I also got rid of the little plastic clip and added a metal one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I still have the DFR's, I just added the crow 5th point strap to them. I also got rid of the little plastic clip and added a metal one.
I obviously only read what I wanted to see. I think I may need computer glasses.
Sounds like you made your own custom combination. That's what the world of after market is all about, making you use your brain. It's all good fun though!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Alot of people own DFR harness because they are more comfy than CROWS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dave, check out the Simpson D3 2.25" five point restraints with the sewn in pads. I also recently replaced my Crow 3" because they were tearing up my shoulders. The new Simpson D3s are awesome and very easy to buckle up because the lap and shoulders are connected. The shoulder pads have a slippery type fabric that makes the pads very comfortable. You can see pictures in one of my other posts:

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/29323-dfr-harness-stock-08-rzr.html#post347837

1 - 17 of 17 Posts