Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
With the discounts Pol has had lately you should be able to get a XPT / turbo model for 21K .
21K seems a little expensive for a non turbo 1000
As for shocks I would recommend , the non Dynamix model. Use the money to buy better quality aftermarket shocks . I like the Fox RC 2.5

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it is $21k OTD with the ride command console and speakers included, without the ride command and speakers I can get an xp4 1000 for $18,880 OTD, or a base XP4 Turbo for $21,100 OTD

·
Registered
79 Posts
3 months ago I would’ve guessed Dynamix wasn’t worth it. Then I found a deal on a used one and I love it. Went from a turbo with fox shocks to turbo with dynamix and couldn’t be happier. I am amazed at how much better Dynamix rides.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I do not disagree that the Dynamix shocks / system is the best shocks in the factory Polaris line up ,and they are a major improvement over the other factory suspension options. But if I was to spend 3500.00 extra, there are better choices. The computer controlled shocks are the way of the future but , I dont think they are there yet especially , in the current stock pol form.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dynamix hands down. Have any on you that are saying skip the dynamix actually driven a car with it. I have the pro xp and out of the box it rode better than the shock therapy done up fox internal bypass shocks.
I have driven my 2018 XP Turbo Walker Evans with ST Springs vs a 2018 Dynamix and I'll take my machine over that any day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the discounts Pol has had lately you should be able to get a XPT / turbo model for 21K .
21K seems a little expensive for a non turbo 1000
As for shocks I would recommend , the non Dynamix model. Use the money to buy better quality aftermarket shocks . I like the Fox RC 2.5
I just bought a 19 xp4 turbo at Abernathy's for 17k added ride command and some other things on but base price for the xp4 turbo is 17k, looks like many people here have issues with the dynamix i would think hard about that

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just bought a 19 xp4 turbo at Abernathy's for 17k added ride command and some other things on but base price for the xp4 turbo is 17k, looks like many people here have issues with the dynamix i would think hard about that
I haven’t read many problems with dynamix. Seems like more with ride command. I switch mine constantly. Example being in the dunes I switch to firm when I see g outs or whoops coming. Then back to comfort after suspension settles for the chop, than all over again at the next dune. At least 100 times per ride switching and never had problems

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So we opted for the dynamix, picking it up Thursday or Friday. Is it worth getting an extended warranty for it since it has all the extra electronics?

·
Registered
194 Posts
My warranty on my Dynamix ended last week. So I’’ll see how it goes. I wasn’t real impressed with the Dynamix and stock suspension. It was just ok. I added the RZR Aid tender springs to all the corners last weekend. Only drove it about 2 miles, but it sure made the Dynamix suspension pretty good for that short drive. The soft setting is actually soft now. Sport felt much better. This spring time will tell.

·
Can't 'Member.
662 Posts
Ryan,

Congrats on the new machine!
I don't think you will regret going for the top flight machine. As you know you'll have to address the crappy springs at some point but the dynamix..well it is real. It works.

The extended warranty takes some thinking. I would ask myself some questions.

-Are you going to mod this thing? Modifications are a common way of voiding a warranty claim. If you plan to mod it..like add exhaust, tuner, etc...then you might find the extended warranty is not worth the $

-Do you have a decent relationship with your dealer? Dealers can make a big difference on warranty claims. The way the present the problem, their integrity in general all count. IF their service dept is a good one, it helps. Do some research on the service dept. Also..are you close to your dealer miles wise? Not fun hauling long distance to the dealer.

I would not base my decision on the extended warranty on the added electronics of the Dynamics alone. If you plan to run it hard, and have been known to break stuff in the past, then that is a factor. be honest with yourself. Do you stay up on maintenance of your rigs? Miss a service and they will fight your claim...

I know me. I over service my rig but I also know there is no way I will be able to resist adding go-fast stuff to it for 3 years, not gonna happen. So spending for an extended warranty is just going to test my weakness for this stuff.
These are the things I would think about before dropping that $$.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So we opted for the dynamix, picking it up Thursday or Friday. Is it worth getting an extended warranty for it since it has all the extra electronics?
I bought the torque group one but haven’t had a problem with dynamix yet. They did however fix two turbo related sensors though no out of pocket to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven’t read many problems with dynamix. Seems like more with ride command. I switch mine constantly. Example being in the dunes I switch to firm when I see g outs or whoops coming. Then back to comfort after suspension settles for the chop, than all over again at the next dune. At least 100 times per ride switching and never had problems
thats good to hear i was really considering the dynamix but got put off by how many threads i saw with issues people were having

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess I didn't see hardly any issues on the Dyanmix. The ones I could find were mainly that the suspension was too stiff,even on the soft setting. Which I see a few pro reviews had said the same thing. That said, hopefully people get lots of life out of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My warranty on my Dynamix ended last week. So I’’ll see how it goes. I wasn’t real impressed with the Dynamix and stock suspension. It was just ok. I added the RZR Aid tender springs to all the corners last weekend. Only drove it about 2 miles, but it sure made the Dynamix suspension pretty good for that short drive. The soft setting is actually soft now. Sport felt much better. This spring time will tell.
I bought extended warranty for ride command and shocks turbo you name it big money if no warranty I was going to change out tender springs on rear I have a lot of weight on rear with spare tire tire rack chain saw two storage box’s etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 2018 turbo dynamix great rig bought the extended warranty for 1500 or 1600 I believe it's worth the money. My buddy had extended warranty on his rigs and one blew a gear through the rear end another had a bad intake boot and dusted the engine and the third rig lost compression all were covered by the extended warrant and all were over 3500 to fix. So my opinion is a warranty is a good idea.
I put RZR AID tenders for 240.00 to smooth out the ride when hitting rocks at speed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts