Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Ipod to Amp

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  HivoltageRZR 
#1 ·
If im hooking up my ipod to my amp what about the remote wire? Doesn't the deck tell the amp to turn on? Or if there no remote wire plugged in does it always stay on?

#5 ·
That would work. You might consider using a keyed + so that if you turn the RZR off you won't kill the battery with the amp. Either that or use a lighted switch.

What are you going to use for volume control? I was thinking of the same setup, don't really need a radio for anything but volume control...

#7 ·
The iPod controls the volume from the headphone jack only. There are cables out there that connect using the native iPod cable interface and those are picking up the line out which is not controlled by the volume. The advantage with those is that they can be set to also charge the iPod. Disadvantage is obvious, no volume control.

I might just use the accessory outlet for charging if it's battery is dying, I'll have to bring velcro for the cord so it's not flopping around.

#8 ·
The cables im going to buy convert the headphone jack to RCA so with that said my ipod should still control the volume.

#9 ·
there's also a switched wire in the harness attached to the center dash bar. If you look under the middle dash you'll see a connector that's attached to the dash support and doesn't plug into anything. Your switched accessory is there. We have a RZR iPod input kit that uses a volume knob. The input is marine grade and has a seal to keep the jack clean when the cables not in use.

Attachments

#10 ·
i have that exact set-up on my rzr. I have two marine grade 6 1/2's installed in two wake board type inclosures above. I have had no problems at all. I use a zapco amp because they are the best for power output. I run the remote wire on a switch so when i turn the rzr off i turn the swtich off. Its pretty easy and also the volume on the ipod works out great. If you want more power and loudness then adjust the gains on the amp and it will even make it louder. Mine is so loud that i actually have my gains half way and the ipod volume works great.

#16 ·
jeffro do you have any more pics? What if I got some cheap mp3 player form walmart would it work just a good as an ipod?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.