Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newer iPad Pro I want to mount on my 19 Turbo S, and I am wondering if I can get some kind of GPS module to make my non cellular iPad Pro work? I heard Mob Armor and Avenza are good apps to use. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a newer iPad Pro I want to mount on my 19 Turbo S, and I am wondering if I can get some kind of GPS module to make my non cellular iPad Pro work? I heard Mob Armor and Avenza are good apps to use. Any suggestions?

Do you have hotspot on your cell phone? That would probably be the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts

Do you have hotspot on your cell phone? That would probably be the best.

No... Use a Bluetooth GPS adapter. Here are two that will work well for you....

Garmin GLO 2 Bluetooth GPS Receiver 010-02184-01 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9CZYTD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_4qj1DbC8AV76F

Dual Electronics XGPS160 Multipurpose Universal 5 Device Bluetooth GPS Receiver with Wide Area Augmentation System and Portable Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E65TNYE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ttj1Db1PTM5BY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,060 Posts
Lots of good info in the GPS Sub-forum...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Use Scenic Map app on the Ipad. It's all inclusive and no downloading or fuss and easy to use. If you do not have the Ipad internal GPS antenna you can use a Dual 160 GPS antenna. It's just a small disc like item in a rubber boot that will sit anywhere. It will give you up to 5 devices to connect to the Dual 169.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What's wrong with the factory Navigation. I haven't even played with mine yet, but it looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What's wrong with the factory Navigation. I haven't even played with mine yet, but it looks pretty nice.

I have it, but still used a tablet on my first outing. From what I understand, you can drop waypoints, but there is no way to import large tracks, like Bob T’s maps.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use GAIA GPS software on my iPad. As far as a bluetooth GPS unit, I cant say I have found many that are waterproof. I have the cellular model with no service and thats all I need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts