Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas for interior lighting. So far i have found the bar mount dome lights, and other light kits I really don't care for. Does anyone have pics of thier interior lighting. I'm not looking for an overkill of bright lights and neons. Just something simple and clean that is in exspensive. Thanks

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
i and alot on here just went to lows...home depot ect and got some of the battery powered stick up lights that have 3 leds in them you can get a pack of two for like 10 bucks or less....you push on the lens and they light up.....i also went to auto zone and got 2 15 in led bars in blue and hooked them up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check them out. Is the led bar operated by a switch and how would i wire that up? Thanks for the info

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
they need to be conected to the battery with a switch the lights come in diff leinghts from 6 in to i think 26 in their about a 1/4 in thick and might be just a little under 1/2 wide and have double sided tape on the back and are flexibale too

·
Registered
304 Posts
I know you said you're looking for simple and inexpensive, but it's kinda relative. I was fabricating a top with a stereo and lights all incorportated into it, but you could use the same lights I used. You would have to wire them and a switch, but it's not too terribly difficult. Check out oznium.com They have tons of different led's available, from single led's to strips. I used some of the strips in white for the overheads, and some other strips in red and orange for under the dash and behind the seats for a little 'tude. Give them a call and tell them what you're trying to do--they're very helpful.

The white strips I used are awesome--they light up the whole inside of the cab when you're out at night, and give off plenty of light for all the others in the group to gather around and hang out when you're stopped. Maybe a little more involved than what you're looking for, but it's worth it when you need it!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I saw these cool little LED lights at PEP Boys. They are magnetic and swivel. I thought they would make great overhead lights. Cheap too, only $2.99 each I think.
Right by the checkout stand. :ride:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys... cheap and easy, just the way it should be. Here is what I am in the process of installing. It is from an early 90's Chevy pick up. It's the under hood light. It has a detachable light with about 15' of lead so you can use it to inspect under your rig or in the refreshment cooler in the dark instead of using a flashlight. It has it's own switch mounted on the unit is very weather proof and draws less than an amp.. It's not a fancy LED set up but from where I'm from it works just fine. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know you said you're looking for simple and inexpensive, but it's kinda relative. I was fabricating a top with a stereo and lights all incorportated into it, but you could use the same lights I used. You would have to wire them and a switch, but it's not too terribly difficult. Check out oznium.com They have tons of different led's available, from single led's to strips. I used some of the strips in white for the overheads, and some other strips in red and orange for under the dash and behind the seats for a little 'tude. Give them a call and tell them what you're trying to do--they're very helpful.

The white strips I used are awesome--they light up the whole inside of the cab when you're out at night, and give off plenty of light for all the others in the group to gather around and hang out when you're stopped. Maybe a little more involved than what you're looking for, but it's worth it when you need it!
I did ruffly the same thing, i used the blue led strips inside my 6x6 and 6x9 speakers and have 2 strips in the back under the (tonou cover the polaris lock and ride one) hooked to the sub woofer, they light up and strobe with the beat of the music, looks pretty cool at night standing around drinking a beer with the guys. and you can use the white strips for interior lighting with a toggle switch

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have an aluminum roof and put two round Sylvania pop lights from Lowes/Home Depot on each side over the driver and passenger seats.. about $6 each and last forever on a few batteries... pissed many a guy off that bought the high dollar wired VisionX or similar type after they see how easy these are to put in and how well they work. http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=sylvania+led+push+light&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=p6CsTJXqGML7lwerlZz4CA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CC0QzAMwAg

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's what I did on my RZR4 too.

I bought a set of three (in one package) from Ace Hardware for something like $9. I put one in the center over the rear seats and one over the front seats.

It lights it up really nice with a soft white light. I'm pretty happy about it.

Dave

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I bought a 2 pack of pre wired 12 volt LED lights, I think from Auto Zone for about $15. I mounted them up under the dash with the supplied double sided tape, then wired them into a dash switch that only works when the key is ON. they put an amazing amount of light on your feet and floor. Helps you find anything you drop down into that black abyss at night. We even leave them on while night riding, as it gives you some sort of depth perception as to how wide you are on a tight trail. I'll post pics tonight of the set up. JC8's idea of those stick up AAA powered light are a great idea too, as they are ready to go in about 3 minutes of install time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a ultra small HID made by night rider. its on a cord that allows me to remove it from is mount and use it around the vehicle as a work light. Its left over from my mountain biking days.

·
Registered
425 Posts
A small strip of metal, a couple rivets and a cheap Grote Led (push on/off) light from my local parts store and ...

Total cost, $35CND and a little of my time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the ideas. I bought a sylvania tap light led at home depot for $6. not sure how im gonna mount it cause i got a vinyl roof but it will work temporarly till i figure somethin else out. Riding at night is the best and I'm definitely likin everyones ideas for the under dash light strips. would love to see pics if anyones got them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought a set of two LED lights from Walmart for $20. Mounted one under the dash and another overhead. They are both tied to the same switch. They have 12 leds each and are perfect for interior lights. Will try to take pictures this evening if possible. Friday night lights may get in the way of taking pictures of the RZR lights though...lol.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I got mine at Lowes and I LOVE it! I think it was about 9 bucks...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is my dome light, cargo light, and switches. I also have one of these lights mounted under the dash. Got them for $20 a pair and the switches for $5 each at Walmart.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts