Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Outerwears are the same prefilter material as frogskinz. You can use adhesive and and glue the outerwears to the outside of the clutch intake bezel.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,425 Posts
Outerwears are the same prefilter material as frogskinz. You can use adhesive and and glue the outerwears to the outside of the clutch intake bezel.
So dose doubling up keep less dirt out or is the outerwear a better pre-filter?

·
Registered
221 Posts
No I meant putting the outerwear/frogskinz on the outside of the vent like mine. I got confused I guess. I thought you weren’t running any filter material in the vent at all. My bad. If nothing else having it on the outside like mine makes it easily accessible. Cleaning is a breeze. I don’t think running 2 would be beneficial only restrictive

·
Registered
221 Posts
More ventilation can never hurt. Outerwear and frogskinz are the same thing. All I’m saying is the frogskinz turbo vent is better than the xp factory vent setup. I used the outerwear to replace a piece of the frogskinz vent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
More ventilation can never hurt. Outerwear and frogskinz are the same thing. All I’m saying is the frogskinz turbo vent is better than the xp factory vent setup. I used the outerwear to replace a piece of the frogskinz vent.
I had to replace it when I got a rip in it

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I snorkeled my air intakes I found that the intake for both sides weren't connected to the outside intakes. That let the dust come up from underneath same as having nothing at all for the belt box. Since snorkeling and putting foam filters on top of the snorkel tubes I haven't hardly had any dust in either the belt box or the engine air filter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm putting outerwear on the side vents and maybe foam inside. Anybody know of a snorkel for the PVT exhaust? It aims backward and sits ontop of the housing, too low for my comfort.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Personally I would move the intake locations for engine and CVT. They leak from under the fender well and are located in the dustiest area of the machine. I used the stock CVT intake cage and moved it out up behind my head and put a pre-filter frogskin type cover over that. I switched air cleaner to a UMP which intakes in the middle of the bed, both work awesome.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Those side vents on my 2015 Rzr 900 xc do not hook up to nothing. They are designed vent heat and gas fumes if they occur, I snorkeled my Filter airbox and my clutch. There’s so much dust swirls underneath cover behind the seats it’s unbelievable. And get sucked in the engine fresh air filter intake and clutch intake.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Those side vents on my 2015 Rzr 900 xc do not hook up to nothing. They are designed vent heat and gas fumes if they occur, I snorkeled my Filter airbox and my clutch. There’s so much dust swirls underneath cover behind the seats it’s unbelievable. And get sucked in the engine fresh air filter intake and clutch intake.
I have a 15 trail, same machine the driver side is CVT intake, the passenger side is Engine intake. Yours should be the same no?

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I have a 15 trail, same machine the driver side is CVT intake, the passenger side is Engine intake. Yours should be the same no?

Nope completely wide-open air filter box doesn’t attach to the side vents at at all the dust from the engine compartment and tfender wells enter under cover behind the seats. The CVT intake air tower roughly 6 inches diameter with a screen does not connect to the side vent. I wish I had pictures of before.. The small plastic thing attaches to the airbox but does not attached to the vent. These are the pictures When I first snorkeled just ran the flex tube straight out of the vent I wasn’t satisfied because it was still sucking Dust so I re-done the snorkel and ran it up on top of Roll Cage.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nope completely wide-open air filter box doesn’t attach to the side vents at at all the dust from the engine compartment and tfender wells enter under cover behind the seats. The CVT intake air tower roughly 6 inches diameter with a screen does not connect to the side vent. I wish I had pictures of before.. The small plastic thing attaches to the airbox but does not attached to the vent. These are the pictures When I first snorkeled just ran the flex tube straight out of the vent I wasn’t satisfied because it was still sucking Dust so I re-done the snorkel and ran it up on top of Roll Cage. View attachment 676741 View attachment 676742 View attachment 676744
[/QUOTE]
Stock tube is sitting in the boxed off area behind the screen just like mine. A terrible location. I went with UMP and love it. I like your location as well.
IMAG0698.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OK wait, so even in the 2021 the stock set-up does not connect to the vents on the side of the bed? They are open to behind the seat? Or are they open behind that grille?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts