Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
For about $120 a year you would be silly not to have it. It will protect you, your passengers and the machine.

I know several people who have totaled their machines and the insurance company pays well.

Keep in mind, if someone gets hurt in your machine, they might sue you! Everybody's a friend until a lawyer gets involved.

Just my two cents, but for $120 a year...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Well I was quoted over 600 bucks from progressive and geico for full coverage.. So I don't have insurance.. That price is more then I pay for my 08 Truck or 06 Murano and I drive those everyday.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Well I was quoted over 600 bucks from progressive and geico for full coverage.. So I don't have insurance.. That price is more then I pay for my 08 Truck or 06 Murano and I drive those everyday.
Progressive is $120 a year in these parts. I do have a spotless insurance record though, not that you don't. All of my other insurance is through State Farm and they wanted about $250 a year. So there does seem to be some varying rates out there. The guy I sold my Rhino too also went through progressive for $120 a year.

You might want to check around online.

That's a pretty big investment to make in a machine($10,000 plus) and not have insurance. What if you total it or hurt somebody? I'm not trying to preach by any means, and it is your choice.

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
I'm paying $90 a year but mainly cuz I was required to (street legal). One of the above posts brought up a good point, numerous friends or friend's wives have been in my RZR. I've never rolled it, but figure if "fit hits the shan" then at least I'm covered for that, too!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt get a quote yet from any company.

Did you guys use an ATV insurance specific company or did you go through your own company that insures your house and other vehicles?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

Did you guys use an ATV insurance specific company or did you go through your own company that insures your house and other vehicles?
I use the same one that insures my cars and house but you really don't have too. Looks like Geico has about the best rates on here. I might have to do some checking as mines $225 per year with $500 deductible.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I have one wreck on my record from around 3 years ago.. But like I said my other policies are much less. My street bike which is a Ninja 650 0-60 in 3.6 seconds was 128.00 for the year through progressive. It even went down this year from the 140 something it was last year. I'm not sure why the RZR was quoted so high. Some have told me it has a lot to do with your area and the rate of theft for certain things. Also that they are not titled in my state. I need to call around and see what kind of prices I can get.

As far as the what if. I would never drive a street vehicle with out insurance. But this is a trail machine. My wife rides with me when we go on trips and she is already on my health insurance lol. I also have a 500k umbrella policy that covers me for general liability. As far as if I wreck it. Thats a little bit of a concern. But really a frame is less then 1k. All my other stuff has a 1k deductible anyway. If I were to wreck it and do a couple thousand worth of damage I'd probably fix it myself anyway. I am concerned about a total loss like a fire or theft. Or I guess a really bad wreck lol. But I'm not paying 600+ a year even liability only was close to 300. I thought about calling and checking on just compressive if they do such a thing. Just something to cover theft.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have insurance on mine was about 400 year a bit high but well worth it to me. Not that I plan to but if I hit someone my insurance (full coverage with raised limits) will cover them and give me some protection from a lawsuits plus it covers my ride. When you off roading you can be held responsible for damages. I also have uninsured coverage so if someone hit me. Can also help with medical payments. Life flight choppers are not free. Bad story a good friend of mine died on his dirt bike we new he was dead already (it was instant) we still called 911 told them he was dead they don't take you word that someone is dead. They sent life flight out and then sent his wife a big fat bill in the mail. You must plan for any thing when off roading.

·
In His service!
367 Posts
Got it here. 230/year with a little higher then normal coverage - Foremost is the company. Insur. agent said to use a company that does atvs regularly, it will make it easier if something does happen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive heard foremost is good....i have liberty mutual, its a little over 200 bucks a year but that covers both my rzrs and my honda 420 4 wheeler....full coverage...for the price you have to get it...they steal motorcycles like crazy in the south...

·
Tcemt
5 Posts
I am a new owner of a 2009 RZR S and an ex-insurance agent. The best thing to do is get several quotes from different companies that offer this specialty insurance, like Progressive, Geico and Foremost(keep in mind this is specialty coverage). Play with limits and deductibles, but don't sell yourself short by selecting the lowest limits to save a few bucks. The most competative limits are ususally 100/300/50 for BI/PD and I would pick up some limit of Uninsured limits like 30/50 or 50/100 and medical payments around 5-10K, as you never know who is carring insurance at the dunes and especially if you're street legal. Expect to pay anywhere from 200-500 annually. It's worth it for the piece of mind.

·
I just wanna ride
3,765 Posts
I have Progressive full coverage $200 a year. I checked with Geico and they would NOT cover any mods, addons, or upgrades. I told them that was a deal breaker, They told me to have a nice day.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I use State Farm for all my vehicles...including the RZR.

As for having insurance? I won't back the thing out of my garage without at least liability coverage. Without it, a person could lose EVERYTHING they own, and possibly future earnings, because of 1 accident. There isn't an ATV ride in the world worth that risk!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.