Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Insurance woes

3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  thewyseone 
How long have you been with State Farm?? It does happen to some people who haven't carried a policy for a decent amount of time and/or have has numerous claims in the past.. I can't see them dropping it for just one accident...unless you have had previous claims or you just got it and are making a claim immediately? I know State Farm has one heck of a investigative team... They have always treated me very well.. But I also insure everything from my home, to Autos, Trailers, off road Vehicles ect... I did get dropped from the life insurance but that's because I was up for renewal (it was an old policy from when I was in my early 20s) and couldn't pass the physical.... I even added my wife's new Horse Trailer and she got into this huge accident in Canada (that's the reason we are staying in AK one more winter) , the trailer got wrecked 5 days after adding it to the policy! Now instead of having State Farm pay 4+ thousand dollars to "tow" it either to the lower 48 or back to Alaska, I flew out to Whitehorse and met her, paid for temporary repairs and we limped it back to AK.. It's still in the shop! She hit a 2 foot gash in the road that was 18" deep and it ripped off both axels..I'm talking clean off!! Horses were injured...It was BAD! But State Farm... They were great!

I wish you luck, I know some banks require you carry insurance if you finance them? I can't imagine facing what you're going through... I really would feel betrayed if they did something like that to me.. But they know I'm easy money..I never really leave my home.. I'm averaging less than 1600 miles a year on the odometer..

ouch just notice your up here in Alaska too??? I wonder if its beause of people stealing these things??? Either way..they are giving me no issues...

Thanks for the replies.

I have been with State Farm for 5-6 years and have all my insurance through them. I have no complaints with them. With one exception of course.

I don't know of any problems with RZR getting stolen here in Kodiak (island). So I don't really get it.

the biggest issue I have I guess is that they did not even contact me. They took a third partys word and dropped me.
Wow.....that sucks, Guess I should have looked where in AK.. That makes it even more puzzling.. How and why they didnt contact you is beyond me...when you mean third party were you refering to your local agent? or was it some other party (I don want names Im just going to be asking mine why this stuff happens to people & if there is an issue with RZR in particular..) I know that I pay $8 a month for full coverage on the RZR..and its going up to $12 a month when I add the turbo and increase the coverage to 24K... but again..they know how much It just sits... they learned quick when they asked how many miles I had on my 2003 ATVs when I sold them for my RZR and I told them about 130 miles each :)

American family dropped my home owners insurace because I had a rotweiler. The stupid thing was the dog preexisted their policy change, was told it was the dog or the insurance policy. They can KMA:spank1:
This is just crazy.. Ive never heard of so many ridiculous reasons for people who are good and honest making payments getting dropped....you didnt even make a claim? :rm_thumbdown:

Starting to think that some of these creaps really are stock piling and sharing information on people....The internet has all kinds of information on people on it, it always amazes me what you can find out about people......

I guess it doesnt matter that I live in a glass house after all..thats why I dont throw stones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.