Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Work Has Stopped :(
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a second battery, I know some people on here have done it. I was thinking about putting it in the storage box undas the seat and I guess I just run two cables, - to - and + to +. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
yes that way you get more amps but same voltage, if you run pos. to neg.you double voltage and that will cook things .Also always remember take your neg. leads off first , no sparks or nasty surprises that way

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
I want to install a second battery, I know some people on here have done it. I was thinking about putting it in the storage box undas the seat and I guess I just run two cables, - to - and + to +. Is that right?
thats how a ran mine.... didnt want a isolater i wanted the extra power

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
If you google "polaris rzr battery kit" you will find a few options, #1 is just re-intaslling your battery, #2 is a kit that adds a second battery (you choose the location) and comes with all the wiring fuzes ect.. so its relatively simple. #3 there are also kits to supply your RZR with even more power if your running lots of lights, radio's GPS ect... Even if you dont buy the kit, Just looking at the pics for there inventory is pretty informative!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
if they arent the same size ...make batteries ....they will have different resistance and if they sit for LONG periods hooked to each other NOT charged ... they will discharge!

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
If you google "polaris rzr battery kit" you will find a few options, #1 is just re-intaslling your battery, #2 is a kit that adds a second battery (you choose the location) and comes with all the wiring fuzes ect.. so its relatively simple. #3 there are also kits to supply your RZR with even more power if your running lots of lights, radio's GPS ect... Even if you dont buy the kit, Just looking at the pics for there inventory is pretty informative!
going to guess you found utv inc alt kit..... nice setup.

but for just adding a second battery without a isolater all you need is 2 cables

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
going to guess you found utv inc alt kit..... nice setup.

but for just adding a second battery without a isolater all you need is 2 cables
Oh yeah, and Im shopping their site right now, This is going to be expensive (not to highjack but anyone found doors for the fullbore kit?)~

·
Work Has Stopped :(
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both are RZR batteries. One is from a gen 1 and the other from a gen 2. so i guess they are the same. I usually keep a battery tender hooked up.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
you can also isolate both batteries and run your extra goodies off extra one if you go with a alternator kit ,than istall a drag race style cut off switch on a positive cable between the two batteries so if you have either one fail you can link them together as a saftey back up to either charge one off the other system or get back home

1 - 10 of 10 Posts