Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new set of 14" beadlock wheels and a set of 28x10x14 itp Baja cross tires, is it possible to put the tires on myself since they are beadlocks or do I have I have a shop do it for me? First time with beadlocks so didn't know

·
Registered
697 Posts
Piece of cake. Easy to mount them. Just use soap and water and get the bead really wet when you go to seat them with air.

H

·
0 Posts
Yep..easily done without any tire mounting tools. Dismounting should the need arise will still require breaking the inner bead (unless they are double beadlock).

·
Registered
962 Posts
if they are omfs, get a couple bolts 1/4-1/2" longer to start the bolts they give you, the omf bolts were a little short to start threading with my baja's

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't wait to get these things on the rzr they are going to look great I love the 28x10 on all 4 corners it looks sick

H

·
0 Posts
One thing that I have found that helps getting the ring bolts started is support the wheel off the floor from the center of the back side so you can push the ring/tire bead down to the wheel.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just did the same thing a couple months back when I went to Hiper doubles .. what wheel did you end up with?

A round 5gal. bucket works great to get the work up higher and also lets you push the tire down without pushing the opposite sidewall into the floor.

I'm running the same tire all around as you .. the bead area on the Bajacrosses seem thick so be patiant and work them down in a even pattaren . Also fallow the wheel manufacturers recommendations on torque..overtightening kills beadlocks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got beadlocks on my truck. Walker Evans wheels. So damn easy to mount. Can't imagine it being any harder on a SXS.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
They should have came with instructios. If not, be sure to use a cross bolt pattern when installing the Bead Lock Ring.

·
Richie rich
394 Posts
I just mounted up my m16 beadlocks.easy to do.soap water is ur best friend.make sure you tighten them in a kris cross pattern

1 - 13 of 13 Posts