Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a additional fuse block on my 2013 RZR 900 XP 4 I’m going to install some lights and radios. where’s a good location to put it? Maybe some pictures of your installation

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am wanting to do the same. Is it as easy as running wires from the battery to a fuse block and mounting near the factory bus?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am wanting to do the same. Is it as easy as running wires from the battery to a fuse block and mounting near the factory bus?

If you go that route, it will have constant power all the time, which is not ideal.

The ideal thing to do is to have a relay for each accessory or have a relay for the fuse block which is triggered from the acc. side of the ignition switch.

I personally have 1 large relay for all of my stuff. Kept it simple. Tucked it all away in the glove box.

·
Registered
605 Posts
BlueSea Dual Buss Fuse block under the dash.
I have one side for constant B+ and the other for switched B+ with common (-) buss

·
Registered
605 Posts
its changed a bit since i laid out the diagram, but you should get the idea.

Reactions: Sanman67

·
Registered
449 Posts
I ran a circuit from the battery to 100a circuit breaker to 100a relay (controlled by ign switch) to fuse block. Each fused
circuit has a relay controlled by a switch. The two inline fused wires are for constant B+ power for horn and lighted whip. Also on relays. 2012 900xp.
RZRRELAY.jpg RZRFUSE.jpg

·
Registered
605 Posts
standard 4 pin 12v automotive relays available at any auto store. but i used Siemens as i had a few in my tool box.
fuse panel is a BlueSea dual B+ buss with common ground. bought it on amazon.
(EDIT) added pic

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Mozart, in your diagram you show the neg going to the center post on the fuss block, safe to assume the diagram is using 2 smaller 6 slot blocks?

Started making my tray tonight, so it’s full speed ahead on this project for me! You guys have shown me the light!

·
Registered
605 Posts
along the center (from L-R). Neg Common to all, A+ (1), B+ (2).
each POS (A & B) has 6 fuses. all independant from the other buss.
i made 1 side hot all the time and the other switched battery (key on acc hot).
i run 2 odyssey's (cant remember the main batt model #. one is a 925 and that is my accessory batt).
nothing is attached to my primary battery.
i use a True Battery Isolator LINK . when NOT above 13v (or so), the isolator opens and "isolates" each battery.
when running or above 13v, the isolator closes and both batteries start to receive a charge.
all add-on's i need power for, are run off the BlueSea fuse block and fused accordingly.
hth

·
Registered
605 Posts
hmmm... and all this time i've been spelling bus(s) wrong?? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mozart. With your set up, is the radio always powered? Obviously I want to play tunes with the unit off and key off, but would be nice have a rocker that could control the on and off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts