Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Ump intake on my 2010 EPS rzr and now cant seem to get as much top end as before with the stock airbox in place... The only time i can hit the limiter is going down a long hill on the highway...about 58 mph and 6250 RPMS is all she will do now on a very long straight away... i did notice that the intake opening between the seats is alot louder than before thus i assume because the UMP has a larger inlet tube than the stock did...also when you get the rpms up to 4800 and higher the plastic opening in between the seats vibrates like crazy...if you stick your hand inside the plastic opening it hurts like heck to grab and hold the plastic from vibrating. I would guess that when this piece vibrates the opening gets .5-1 inch smaller in size... Has anyone else noticed this when they installed there ump intake??

Im thinking about making something to give more support so that the opening keeps the full shape and not restrict the air as much at higher rpms..

Anyone wanna make a guess if im either lean or rich on top end causing me not to be able to hit the limiter anymore... ANd yes i did do several runs the same day before i installed the UMP as a comparison with the stock intake and i was hitting the limiter at 6500 rpms at ease and 63 on the speedo and still had a good bit of pedal left to the floor..now its impossible with it slammed to the floor after the UMP

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I noticed a drop in performance with the UMP also.
Many guys on here will tell you the opposite.
To me, the Donaldson filter seems more restrictive with an inner and outer screen.
I ended up sealing the stocker and snorkeling it with a prefilter. Still restrictive but total piece of mind with the filtering and no fight for air with the CVT.
Also no oil in the intake as I used a separate remote breather.
I just did a speed run at Cal City (approx 2500 ft). Broken pavement road- 60-61 on the speedo and hitting the limiter- floored.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Im thinking about making something to give more support so that the opening keeps the full shape and not restrict the air as much at higher rpms..
I've seen this on the stock intake, too. Cut a thin wood shim & jam it in the slot so it stretches it open a little. Now run it flat out & see how fast you're going when you hit the rev limiter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts