Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll admit I was nervous having read about how difficult these can be to install. I’m pleased to report the fit was excellent & it wasn’t bad to install for my cousin & me. The holes all lined up without any issues and I was able to install it covering my rock guards, which will save their paint from the rocks. This thing seems to be extremely well built & provides amazing coverage.
I’d recommend pre-drilling the holes with a new drill bit. And probably have at least three new drill bits to change out to as you go. Once tapped & drilled, the screws went in easily and pulled the skid plate in tight. The only challenge was the very front plate because of my High Lifter’s bumper. Didn’t want to mess with unbolting it so I just went to the front with the umhw.
Overall it wasn’t bad to do & seems like it’ll be amazing protection.
3BFF8935-63B0-4C74-ADB5-A0E8AC94B477.jpeg
5F3B61B1-F15B-4C27-9DE9-95C2CADC24CB.jpeg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Right on!

Nice install

I love mine, it was my first big add on to my 4 seater and its been by far the best/smartest choice ive made in accordance to buying accessories.

·
Registered
'17 4-1000
263 Posts
good to hear. mine will be installed in a few weeks.

·
Registered
'17 4-1000
263 Posts
yes. thanks. plan to dump it over on the grass first. haven't watched the instructional video yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hell yeah buddy! Beat it up!
Thanks man! Really appreciate the discount codes and the support when I called to check in before starting the install. Sure feel better about going over the Rubicon next week with that thing on there. Before we started, my cousin thought the factory skid plate looked just fine. Afterward he was blown away by the difference & agreed it was definitely worth it haha.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
yes. thanks. plan to dump it over on the grass first. haven't watched the instructional video yet.
Im yet to come across someone who has put their unit on its side for the install. I have the equipment to do it and thought about it when installing mine.
Its what SATV recommends, i however just raised mine up at each corner, about 2' in the air and went to town with the install.

Keep us posted though, i want to see. Lol

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ll admit I was nervous having read about how difficult these can be to install. I’m pleased to report the fit was excellent & it wasn’t bad to install for my cousin & me. The holes all lined up without any issues and I was able to install it covering my rock guards, which will save their paint from the rocks. This thing seems to be extremely well built & provides amazing coverage.
I’d recommend pre-drilling the holes with a new drill bit. And probably have at least three new drill bits to change out to as you go. Once tapped & drilled, the screws went in easily and pulled the skid plate in tight. The only challenge was the very front plate because of my High Lifter’s bumper. Didn’t want to mess with unbolting it so I just went to the front with the umhw.
Overall it wasn’t bad to do & seems like it’ll be amazing protection. View attachment 676719 View attachment 676721
Are all of those screws drilled into the frame?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I get so much crap for that online. Lol! "GENTLY" lay it on its side and let the cage rest on jack stands. :ROFLMAO: When you have a shop full of big dudes, its a whole lot easier than trying it by yourself.
When i was going over the instructions and a couple videos, im like what in the world.. haha I can totally see how it would make things so much more easier though. After drilling all of those holes and driving all of that hardware in overhead and on my back, my shoulders were like jello.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When i was going over the instructions and a couple videos, im like what in the world.. haha I can totally see how it would make things so much more easier though. After drilling all of those holes and driving all of that hardware in overhead and on my back, my shoulders were like jello.
There's no way in hell I'd have tried to do it on my back. I'll give you a ton of credit for getting it done that way man. We actually have a pit in our garage we put in when we built our house 40 years ago & I wasn't even going to do it that way. You really need to be able to get to it as vertically as possible. We stood around staring at it for a half hour debating how to "gently" lay it over haha. We all knew how that'd go down in reality.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
There's no way in hell I'd have tried to do it on my back. I'll give you a ton of credit for getting it done that way man. We actually have a pit in our garage we put in when we built our house 40 years ago & I wasn't even going to do it that way. You really need to be able to get to it as vertically as possible. We stood around staring at it for a half hour debating how to "gently" lay it over haha. We all knew how that'd go down in reality.
My RZR cam with a skid plat and I took it off to clean out all the dirt under it and them but it back on on my back. Not even on a concrete slab just dirt!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
the only "problem" i have had with mine is... The strips of steel that connect the sides to the middle section, they bend.. And when they bend, ya cant get your rear drain plugs in and out of the floor.
I have absolute beat the heck out of my belly skid though.
Ive broken a few fasteners here and there, i broke the very rear 2 that have those 2 spacers, i broke those 2 fasteners within the first month and lost those spacers. Cant remember what ive got back there for the spacers now, i think i used 2 chinese sockets of some sort, maybe 2 -7/16" sockets i think.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the only "problem" i have had with mine is... The strips of steel that connect the sides to the middle section, they bend.. And when they bend, ya cant get your rear drain plugs in and out of the floor.
I have absolute beat the heck out of my belly skid though.
Ive broken a few fasteners here and there, i broke the very rear 2 that have those 2 spacers, i broke those 2 fasteners within the first month and lost those spacers. Cant remember what ive got back there for the spacers now, i think i used 2 chinese sockets of some sort, maybe 2 -7/16" sockets i think.
Good to know. I figured I should get a bunch of extra screws in case I lose some from hitting/vibrating out. Luckily there were a lot of extra washers included in the kit. Good call on using sockets for the spacers. I'll keep that in mind too. We'll see what it looks like after I get back from the Jamboree next week.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You can get a pack of those washers for cheap off of amazon. I need to buy more..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts