Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 800, the RPM won't go above about 2200 and then the rev limiter seems to kick in. It does it while parked. I installed it, started it and reved it up and thats all it will go. I have not tried to drive it yet. I wanted to ask first..I did remove the Alba dobeck fuel controller....thanks in advance for your help..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I jacked up the rearend off the ground. Started it and put in Hi. Gave it gas and it reved until it hit 4300 rpm then started what I think is hitting the rev limiter. I let off the gas and reapplied the gas slowly and then it only went to about 3200 and studerd and seemd like it was going to die but I pushed the gas more and it came alive and hit about 5200 rpm....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upate #2: I contacted Dynatek. Explained how it was running. Larry @ Dynatek was very courtious and helpful. Larry recommended that I send the Dynatek DFS9-3 back to the MT facility so they could troubleshoot the ignition box. I shipped it as requested the next buisness day @ the cost of $19. Little more than 2 weeks later I called Larry back @ Dynatek to see what the status is. Just so happen he brought up the tracking # and it was due to be delivered that day(Fri Oct 5th 2012). The CDI showed up later that evening as stated. I installed the new CDI on sat morning (Oct 6th). Started the RZR and seemed to rev like normal. We had a ride set up for Sat night so I waited to test ride it then. Well no sooner do I get the end of my street(typical housing development) it started to cut out @ approx 4K rpm. I tried to keep going to see if it would clear out but it kept getting worse and cutting out. I could feather the throttle pedal to get it to go but something wasn't right so I pulled over. I went ahead and disconnected the Dynatek CDI wires and plugged the factory wires back together and rode the rest of the night without any problems(x2 now). :rm_thumbdown: Now there is another delima. The 30 money back from ATVGalaxy has ran out. ATVGalaxy wanted me to return it to Dynatek for warranty. So now what? I think I'm screwed. Sounds like I am going to have to spend another $19 bucks to ship it back to either Dynatek or ATVGalaxy. :rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update #3: I started the RZR up. Slowly increased the rpm and @ 2300 it starts to miss. Just as it gets past 2300 it clears up. Sounds good till it gets to 4300 rpm and it starts to miss again. Just as it hits 4400 it clears up and sounds good all the way to the top of the rpm range. I unplug and remove all the Dynatek DFS9-3 wiring and replug all the factory connectors back together and slowly increase the rpm's again. Sounds good all the way though not a miss one. Now that I have installed 2 of these ignition system I question if I have done something wrong during install. I followed the instructions to the T. I even watched "how to install a DFS9-3" video on youtube. Anyone else any ideas what the problem is? Really, 2 bad units?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update #4: I got in contact with Larry @ Dynateck again. We both find ourselves baffled a little after a good discusion about whats happening. So Larry decided to send me the fuel programmer that goes along with the DFS9-3 ignition/fuel controller. He wants me to try a different fuel map. So stay tuned. ???? anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts