Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Inline Oil Pressure Sending Unit from UTV Crap:

UTV Crap

There weren't any instructions included, so I thought I'd ask for your opinions. I'd hate to cut a line that I shouldn't have. So, where is the best place to install this? I'm very visual, so pictures would be great :)

When I installed my temp sending unit, I cut my hose a tad too short...so I ended up having to buy another hose. I'm trying to avoid this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess my question is more simple than that. Which hose/line am I tapping into? The temp sending unit was obvious, since I tapped it close to the thermostat. With this, I'm just unsure which hose/line to tap into.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Does my sons 170 count?
1,121 Posts
Thanks - I must be an idiot, cuz I didn't know the stock RZRs had oil coolers. I'll go take a look at my RZR.

Gary
Your not an idiot- I am! they dont have an oil cooler but John is making a kit to add an oil pressure gauge to the rzr. You made me second guess myself as soon as I posted

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...it looks like I'm not losing my mind. The stock RZRs don't have oil coolers. Is this the only way to install your inline sending unit? I assumed it could be installed on a stock RZR-S.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well crap. The description on your website doesn't say it's for a Rhino. I'm not sure if it's worth sending back (since it was $7 to ship to me...plus $7 to ship it back...for a $29 part).

It's my fault for not thinking this all the way through. I bought a gauge, sending unit and this housing...assuming it would all work (again - my fault).

Do all of you with oil pressure gauges really have an oil cooler installed? Is there any other solution for me to get the oil pressure (without it costing me too much more money)?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Family Rzr
478 Posts
the oil pressure port is supplied to you by POlaris, There is an oil pressure port in your engine for testing oil pressure.

My oil pressure capillary tube is installed right here:

You can use the same spot for the electronic sensor, but you do not need an inline type sensor for the Rzr or Rzr S,

Did you try searching this forum for your answer? I found the oil pressure port here on this forum and then in the Rzr owners manual to confirm

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I did a lot of searching. I did see a picture of the sending unit installed right in the port you mentioned from a previous thread. I also saw the port in the manual. Idiot me, just thought there was an oil line i could tap into...especially since UTV Crap was selling these (I found their adapter in their forum, and thought it was a good idea).

What did you use in this port? Like I said, I saw a picture of someone with the sending unit installed right into the port.

Thanks!

·
Family Rzr
478 Posts
I have a plastic tube in the port that feeds oil pressure to my mechanical oil pressure gauge.

An electric oil pressure gauge will have a sensor with a wire, no plastic tube.

This is an oil pressure port

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well shoot - that didn't help me! I was hoping you would say "I have an extra oil cooler lying around that I'd LOVE to donate to you". Oh well...what's another $200 in this money pit :ride:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts