Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
That was me that posted that. It’s really easy. I’m actually going through the process all over again because I just bought a new 1000xp. Essentially there are some forms you need from South Dakota dmv website. Print them and fill them out. Then send them into union county. You will have them in a week or 2. I think it costed $50

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
354 Posts
So then do they send you a license plate or? I am confused how that would work with having the rzr in Ohio. Sorry for the questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea. If you look at the forms that I posted you will see “out of state”. That’s you. That means they are going to license your rzr in SD using your home address in Ohio. Your not scamming them. They know full well you don’t live there. Then they will send you a plate in the mail.

I sent you a pm

·
Registered
354 Posts
I actually did more researching based off of all of your all feedback and contacted South Dakota directly. Spoke to an actual person on the phone and she was great. For anyone wanting to do this here is the info you need!

Documents required are as follows:

· Copy of valid title or current out of state registration

· Proof of Tax paid to your state. (must be a receipt from the state, not a dealer’s purchase agreement) If proof of tax paid can’t be provided, you will be subject to 4% tax on the purchase price if recently purchased, or on the NADA clean retail value if you have owned more than 6 months.

· SD application for title & registration: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E0864V20-SDApplicationForMotorVehicleTitle&Registration.pdf

· Notarized Interstate title affidavit: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E1333V3-AffidavitForInterstateTitle(Nonnegotiable).pdf

· Notarized ATV affidavit: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E1792V2-OffRoadVehicleAffidavit.pdf

· Copy of valid driver’s license for each registered owner

· Social Security number for each registered owner (can be written directly on application)

· Phone number we can contact you at once we have a total. You must pay by debit or credit card over the phone. We will not accept out of state checks. We charge a $25.00 administrative fee for all non-resident title work handled through the mail in addition to the normal tax, title, and license fees.

A couple things to keep in mind:

If there are multiple owners on the title/registration, then all of them must sign the application unless the names are joined with “or”

While South Dakota allows an out of state resident to license ATVs, your state still may not allow them to be driven on their roads. You are choosing to license in SD at your own risk. Please consult your local laws.

There are no refunds!

Jennifer R Clarey, Deputy

Union County Treasurer's Office

209 E Main St. STE 220

Elk Point, SD 57025

Ph 605-356-2391

Fax 605-356-2257

Email [email protected]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Awesome! Julie from SD called me on Monday to process my credit card for their plates. $65 or something. Good for people to have options like Idaho too though! Seems like the process you mentioned was even simpler, but I just went with what i had researched since I had already started the process. Now we can ride to get fuel/ice etc. Awesome!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yup, I sent my forms in on Monday, had plates on Friday. Don't forget, Utah requires turn signals. I bought from Corbin (Idaho)...excellent kit, truly plug and play.

·
Registered
60 Posts
IMG_4829.jpg

Got my new ride for the rally. It’s funny, around here in the Midwest you see mostly rangers quads, the occasional 900s and trail models. You never see anything like the machines people have out west. So last year we went to the rally for the first time in the 900s and I looked at my wife and said we’re upgrading for next year.... she agreed. I felt like I was driving a toy lol, not that there is anything wrong with the 900s but next following tricked out machines made me want to go all out. Family outgrew the two seater anyway.

Skid, clutch, and roof are on. Installing 4 pointers door lowers and the ryco signal kit this weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, I sent my forms in on Monday, had plates on Friday. Don't forget, Utah requires turn signals. I bought from Corbin (Idaho)...excellent kit, truly plug and play.
Did the same - kit from Corbin and just sent in my forms today. I'm looking forward to driving to/from the trails! I'm heading out to Moab for the weekend to check it out (plus Jeeps at the Safari). Can't believe that it's been 11 years since I've been to Moab! Should be a lot more fun driving a Rzr as opposed to my Heep!

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
I actually did more researching based off of all of your all feedback and contacted South Dakota directly. Spoke to an actual person on the phone and she was great. For anyone wanting to do this here is the info you need!

· Proof of Tax paid to your state. (must be a receipt from the state, not a dealer’s purchase agreement) If proof of tax paid can’t be provided, you will be subject to 4% tax on the purchase price if recently purchased, or on the NADA clean retail value if you have owned more than 6 months.

· SD application for title & registration: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E0864V20-SDApplicationForMotorVehicleTitle&Registration.pdf

· Notarized Interstate title affidavit: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E1333V3-AffidavitForInterstateTitle(Nonnegotiable).pdf

· Notarized ATV affidavit: https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secure/eforms/E1792V2-OffRoadVehicleAffidavit.pdf

· Social Security number for each registered owner (can be written directly on application)

· Phone number we can contact you at once we have a total. You must pay by debit or credit card over the phone. We will not accept out of state checks. We charge a $25.00 administrative fee for all non-resident title work handled through the mail in addition to the normal tax, title, and license fees.

If there are multiple owners on the title/registration, then all of them must sign the application unless the names are joined with “or”

While South Dakota allows an out of state resident to license ATVs, your state still may not allow them to be driven on their roads. You are choosing to license in SD at your own risk. Please consult your local laws.

There are no refunds!

209 E Main St. STE 220

Elk Point, SD 57025

Ph 605-356-2391

Fax 605-356-2257

Email [email protected]
good information

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts

There are no refunds!

209 E Main St. STE 220

Elk Point, SD 57025

Ph 605-356-2391

Fax 605-356-2257

Email [email protected]
subscribed

21 - 35 of 35 Posts