Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
Follow my RZR Adventures on Instagram @lyricgskills
328 Posts
What BOV and how did you set it up?
Hey Joe, I have the RKX BOV.

I installed it to vent to the atmosphere and plugged off the rubber hose. (I don't like listening to it, so I'll probably recirculate soon)

I used RKX recommended RED spring + 2 washer as stated in their instructions for a stock RZR Turbo granted mine is a Pro XP...

·
Registered
Follow my RZR Adventures on Instagram @lyricgskills
328 Posts
I decided to use the Silver spring instead of the red and I like the stiffer spring so far.

Also, I think I found my fuel smell but maybe not (probably just oil and need a silicone upgrade):

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have a '20 pro 4. I put a RKX bov on it this last weekend with a yellow spring and the 2 washers provided. That made it stay closed at idle, I test drove it fine then went for a longer ride it made the engine light come on. 3-1127-1 I've read not so good things about this code. Any insight on why it happened and a way to clear it without a dealer doing it? Tried the batter disconnect with no luck.

Also if I put the stock one back on to take it to the dealer do you think it will throw the code again after I put the RKX back on?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Sounds like the BOV is not opening when you let off the throttle. This would be because of too much spring pressure. Remove the washers and try it. It needs to open (vent) as soon as you let off the throttle. The code will clear it's self once you resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like the BOV is not opening when you let off the throttle. This would be because of too much spring pressure. Remove the washers and try it. It needs to open (vent) as soon as you let off the throttle. The code will clear it's self once you resolve the issue.
I took the washers out after the ride and now I can here it open almost as soon as I let off the throttle. Code is still there, is it the 4000rpm deal to clear the code? Do I try the red spring and washers?
I can't believe how light of pressure the stock one takes to compress.
Thanks Joe I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed the RKX Blow Off Valve on my 2019 XPT.
I installed an air filter to vent to the atmosphere. I used the Red Spring and the 2 washers provided as my vehicle is in stock form. Works Great! Highly recommended!

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
941 Posts
I've been running the RKX and it's been great. The only thing I don't like is listening to it continuously vent while driving. It closes right away with throttle input and vents immediately when off the throttle. It's the constant hissing I don't like.

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I've been running the RKX and it's been great. The only thing I don't like is listening to it continuously vent while driving. It closes right away with throttle input and vents immediately when off the throttle. It's the constant hissing I don't like.
Set it up to be normally closed and only open when you let off the throttle under boost

121 - 140 of 144 Posts