Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
Follow my RZR Adventures on Instagram @lyricgskills
328 Posts
I just installed the RKX Blow Off Valve on my 2020 Pro XP 4.

I installed an air filter to vent to the atmosphere.

You don't need the supplied T or extra vacuum line, as there is no T on a Pro XP. Simply use the stock vacuum line.

I used the Red Spring and the 2 washers provided as my vehicle is in stock form.

Works as it should.

Chhhhh!!

p.s Thanks RZR_joe for the write-up!

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Ryan at RKXTech reached out to me about their new RZR specific Diverter Valve. He sent me one to test, thanks @j-love !! 🤟

I'm going to setup it in a "stock" configuration and test it. After that I'm going then setup with the port closed at idle and test it. I'm a little busy with a few other projects at the moment but in the next few weeks look for a new thread on the install and testing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed a Dewhel BOV (aka Agency Power) for $29 on Amazon View attachment 644642 and I have some unanswered questions that I can't find a solid answer for. I am new to turbo BOV topic and the BOV I have is adjustable. I could not hear anything from the BOV at first but after make 1 mile of driving it started to work.

My question is how can an average Joe know how to adjust the valve? I read about ibs of pressure before opening etc... but dont know what to do. I am tempted to out the stick one back on since I dont know what I am doing and dont want it opening too soon or too late.

Thanks in advance for your advice
Hey what’s going on man did you ever get this blow off valve adjusted and figured out ....I purchased the same one and having a little trouble I have the spring tension adjusted at its lowest and I still can’t get it to open at idle to properly adjust it did you have to trim your Springer or what lol tell me what you did lol

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK cool. Seemed there was some discussion earlier in the thread that the stock BOV can tend to leak off a little bit of boost or crack open prematurely, so I thought the RKX might slightly improve even stock drivability. Don't care about the whoosh at all. Had a few Subarus with upgraded turbos / BOV's and always recirculated them haha.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ryan at RKXTech reached out to me about their new RZR specific Diverter Valve. He sent me one to test, thanks @j-love !! 🤟

I'm going to setup it in a "stock" configuration and test it. After that I'm going then setup with the port closed at idle and test it. I'm a little busy with a few other projects at the moment but in the next few weeks look for a new thread on the install and testing.
Joe

I just added this along with a filter and plug to my Amazon cart. For a stock XP Pro would I use the red spring as mentioned by RKX for stock and add spacers as needed? Did you end up testing the one sent to you yet?

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I just added this along with a filter and plug to my Amazon cart. For a stock XP Pro would I use the red spring as mentioned by RKX for stock and add spacers as needed?
That's up to you, setup per RKX it will be open at idle. Setup as I described and it will be closed at idle and only open upon decel.

Did you end up testing the one sent to you yet?
I have not had a chance yet.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
941 Posts
Any update on this Joe? I just received the RZR specific BOV from RKX. The instructions show it installed the way you explained in your first post. Bottom of BOV goes to charge tube. I'm just curious as to which spring to use.

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Unfortunately I have not, it's sitting on the bench on the"to do" list. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

I would start with the strongest spring which is the yellow I believe.

·
6,860 Posts
i have a rev1 blow off valve but it’s the recirculating one... i pulled off the bottom hose plugged it and tightened the clamp. still no psshhh sound. what am i doing wrong?
The Rev1 vents to intake, so there's no pshh sound. That would come from a BOV that vents to atmosphere.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts