Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Desperate need of Shocks/Springs now ***EDIT*** Shocks Found!!

Well, Having as much fun as I did at the 3rd Annual Taylor Park Forum Ride, I managed to blow 3 of my shocks!! I just put SATV springs on and now I am at a delema point. My '08 50" is in need of some new "Knees".
I can't afford Fox or WE or the like unless someone has a set they want to make a Screaming Deal on with me!!
I want to upgrade my shocks/springs but dont know which way to go. Keep in mind, $$$ is the Killer factor here for me. I just cant swing the $1000+ for a great setup. Here is what I am thinking and would like feedback from anyone who has the 2 sets I have refered to here to see if it is worth the money to go with either.

1) Progressive 425 series shocks and springs
2) Phantom resivoir shocks/springs

my "final choice" barring a Saving grace,,,
3) New "stock" shocks and keep the SATV springs which are great in themselves and made a Huge difference over stock

Thoughts?? Ideas?? Offers??

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
PM sent.........

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answered!! TY!! ill be in touch!

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Im not sure if you want these but I have 3 (both back and 1 front) stock shocks off of my 09 standard 50"..They had bout 600 miles or so b4 I switched to the S suspension..There yours if you want them for just the shipping...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Rick....consider what Bama said. There is an ongoing thread about this cheap but apparently very good set-up in the suspension category. The users seem to be very satisfied.

Good luck,

Robin

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apreciate the LTR setup idea but I want to steer clear of them for now.

The offers on the other shocks are being considered as well. Thank You!!
I am still in the begining stage of looking and want a response please on the 2 first choices as well just for my sanity.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone with the Progressive 425 or Phantom shocks want to chime in Please??

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Curious, did you actually blow the seals out of the shocks themselves? Fluid leaking? Or just blow out the Bumper Stops?? Factory Shocks?

A buddy of mine runs the Progressive 425's and loves them. But running his rig and mine with the Factory Shocks and Makin Trax Springs, I feel no difference, or should I say not enough to change. So why not get another set of Factorys and put your SATV's on them?

Oh yea, and that ONE TON BOX of STUFF you carry!!!!!!!!!!! Haaa LOL I carry to much stuff also.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Just make a couple of bracket's & use some XP900 take off's they work really well also...if you have an "S" that is.... wont work on a 50" thou.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Im not sure if you want these but I have 3 (both back and 1 front) stock shocks off of my 09 standard 50"..They had bout 600 miles or so b4 I switched to the S suspension..There yours if you want them for just the shipping...
What a great and GENEROUS guy! It's encouraging to discover that there's still some really nice people in the world!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have looked and looked for some good/bad feedback on here for the phantom shocks and I could only find a couple and one said they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and the other one said as soon as he put them on they started leaking....ATV Outfitters sells those progressive shocks..Call them guys and ask them about them they will be straight up with you and tell you what they think about them..

Good luck finding some shocks

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are the second set. First ones, stock '08, second stock '11 with SATV springs I added. The springs are fine, I am just hard on the old girl. I ride pretty hard and LOVE the rocks!!
The bumpstops are blown out and I know the shocks are gone due to sag an the "bouncing" effect after hitting a bump.

To make it worse, I knew the brake pads were bad, just not How bad. Worn through the mount plates, plus when removing the tires up front, the bearings were bad! Now i have bearings and Ball joints on order, replaced the brakes but still need the shocks. I have a possible lead on fox's. Well see.(Praying)
What a Taylor Park Ride this year!! Loved every bit of it and now after 3000+ miles, its time to take care of some of the wear. Still got you guys with the stockers in mind though. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all who gave the time to offer there suggestions and shocks. I bought a set of 2011 zero mile takeoffs. here goes set #3!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Rick,if you bought the ones from Gary,you will be more than happy.
Gary is a straight up guy.I am tickled over the set I bought from him.
Doug

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just recieved them today! A day early!! Thanks Gary!1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts