Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add an aux tank or some additional fuel storage ( other than a rotopax setup) to a 2019 turbo S. I spoke with IMS today regarding this kit:

IMS Products : 2014-2018 Polaris RZR 4 1000 5.0 gal Fuel Tank

They said that the tank itself would fit, but their battery relocation puts the battery where the turbo is so that won't fly.

Has anyone used this kit on a RZR Turbo and figured out another good spot for the battery?

Any other alternatives excluding the rotopax?

Thanks!

·
Black Rhino Perofrmance
45 Posts
I'm looking to add an aux tank or some additional fuel storage ( other than a rotopax setup) to a 2019 turbo S. I spoke with IMS today regarding this kit:

IMS Products : 2014-2018 Polaris RZR 4 1000 5.0 gal Fuel Tank

They said that the tank itself would fit, but their battery relocation puts the battery where the turbo is so that won't fly.

Has anyone used this kit on a RZR Turbo and figured out another good spot for the battery?

Any other alternatives excluding the rotopax?

Thanks!
We relocate the battery under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I can’t help with the battery relocate as I have a regular XP, but the IMS tank setup is great. Factory tank is 9.5 gallons, IMS is 5 and I’ve done a lot of long range riding and have put 14 gallons in after riding for quite a few miles with the fuel light flashing. So there’s a full 14 useable gallons. It just gravity transfers while riding but I’ve never had an issue. It keeps the weight down low where it should be and there’s no fire danger. IMO, it’s the only way to carry fuel in a RZR

·
CB-BLR
132 Posts
I got the IMS tank for my 2018 Dynamix...and am planning on moving the battery to behind the glove box. The glove box comes apart in two halves...I am planning on removing the rear half and putting a maintenance free battery in its place, and a plate to close off the rear half of the existing front half of the glove box.

Chris

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the IMS tank for my 2018 Dynamix...and am planning on moving the battery to behind the glove box. The glove box comes apart in two halves...I am planning on removing the rear half and putting a maintenance free battery in its place, and a plate to close off the rear half of the existing front half of the glove box.

Chris
This is interesting - how soon are you attempting this? Would be curious to see how it works out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts