Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Southern California and just purchased a RZR 900 a few weeks ago. Is there anything about these things I should know that the dealer wouldn't tell me/ want me to have known? haha

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Hey John welcome to the forum from So Cal and congrats on your purchase! The only thing you have to watch for is behind the passenger seat. On slower rides it gets really hot and melts the plastic. You can invest in a $40 heat shield fix from UTV inc. other than that the 900 is a bitchin machine.

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome from Chandler, AZ!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my xp 900 for 2 months and love it......my friends hate it because THEY WANT ONE. I have been checking out tech stuff and other things , great forum

·
Banned
0 Posts
Just in time for Labor Day weekend ride…I’m out of Chula Vista thinking of either Ocotillo Wells, Glamis if it’s not 113F like this week or Sierra Mountains trails are having a private group ride/dinner/jamboree think they got 40 jeeps and 15 sxs signed up so far leaning more towards this weather looks better mid 70’s. Where u riding?

I got an 900 XP too 230 miles w/o a single issue. Yes gets a little hot under the seat in hot weather but I've been in cold cascades, WA trails, OR dunes where it was welcome, no melting here yet....nothing some cheap insulation from Lowes won’t solve, the one for windows with an air/insulation gap between heat tin reflective tape use whats left around the shifter, etc.

As far as other potential issues what yr do you own?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just in time for Labor Day weekend ride…I’m out of Chula Vista thinking of either Ocotillo Wells, Glamis if it’s not 113F like this week or Sierra Mountains trails are having a private group ride/dinner/jamboree think they got 40 jeeps and 15 sxs signed up so far leaning more towards this weather looks better mid 70’s. Where u riding?

I got an 900 XP too 230 miles w/o a single issue. Yes gets a little hot under the seat in hot weather but I've been in cold cascades, WA trails, OR dunes where it was welcome, no melting here yet....nothing some cheap insulation from Lowes won’t solve, the one for windows with an air/insulation gap between heat tin reflective tape use whats left around the shifter, etc.

·
Banned
0 Posts

X2, well I stopped posting tech stuff on these forums, but since we are in the same neighborhood. I’m sure you have been following the axle saga, not sure the 12’s with from what we are reading out here a shorter axle rear solved the bending and blowing up CV’s. Fronts who knows totally different story, think I read out here no part # changes in 12, etc…….. You know people on forums including you and I don’t have all the info to reconcile these issues, there are so many things on axles for example that can change w/o a part # change such as the temper of the material, the alloy, and just because there was no part # change does not mean there was not a manufacturing problem to begin with/change to solve the issue, so your guess is as educated as everyone else’s out here new to the forums or not. Time will tell but I am watching mine. The mystery is just like this melting one some see it some don’t and it seems independent of the type of riding you do. Dave @ FSS, Fullerton, CA is selling some limiting straps since he has two XPs that had different droop fall out angles causing one to fail twice, one had 3 degree more. Dave’s a smart cookie and great place to buy sand tires btw. I got my 5x5 comp cut blasters 4x4 buffs on DWT .190 rims from him, he’ll be at the SSSS Sept 16 OC fair.

There are two oetiker clamps on the high pressure side of the water pump input/output back behind the seats right under the exhaust manifold. Add stronger hose clamps right next to them especially for the So Ca hot spots. You don’t have to take the old oetikers off like I did and bleed, just add hose clamps sxs. I seen guys in Or dunes blow these clamps right off, read they replaced them in 2012 w/hose clamps, forgot the M# but check yours. I ran mine WOT 80mph 3-4 mins, lots of idle time, in 105F El-Mirage, CA 4th of July no melting or over heating like some claim. Do a TNT search I have photos of the clamps and coolant test results.

That’s all I am concerned about, but there are pages and pages at the top of the XP section to read of issues, take em with a grain of salt.

Welcome and good luck!

Terry

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome-------- only issue I had was the melting..... Get out your wallet, you are going to want to upgrade some things. 5 point harness, new cage, doors, lights, radio and the list goes on and on and on and on.......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts