Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a new ride for this winter and was wondering what you would buy if you were buying another. Today I'm leaning towards something you can shift.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What about the Polaris has treated you wrong? At the price point of the XP 1000 and XP turbo I don't see anything out performing at the current time... Talon and YXZ both have terrible suspension geometry, and krx is severely under powered for the price? Am I missing something? Yes, Some fit and finish is eeehhhh at best... but the performance, I feel is unmatched at the price point

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Polaris has never treated me wrong ...but the KRX has incredible handling , even better than the XP and it is not that far off from the same price if you shop for a 2020 hold out KRX
If the OP had not limited the question to a Non turbo model then my answer would have been a Polaris .
I have seen first hand what the KRX can do even on 35's in the desert / dunes at speed ...and if it had the same power as the Polaris it would be a game changer ...IMO ...many other points still need to be proven

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Krx here as well. Got to see first hand how well a krx can do bone stock and I was impressed! It's a turd on power and so is a 1000xp. But that's how it goes in the na 1000 world. The krx is a brute compared to any Polaris na machine in every way. Clutching, suspension, wheel base, axles and just overall parts size, interior room, and even the price is pretty much the same as a 1000xp.

·
Registered
182 Posts
KRX here as well. No question. Everyone says they are underpowered, but I am coming from a RZR 900 Trail (75 hp) and a Kawi Teryx4 (57 hp) as my latest rigs, so to me, 112 hp sounds like a good upgrade.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For a non turbo, krx definitely. I sure wouldn't trade my turbo-s for one, but if they were available at the time i bought it for the $14k you can pick them up for locally, i probably would have saved the money and went that way.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
If Kawasaki would come out with a turbo model with long travel to compete with canam and Polaris I know I would jump ship in a hot second to a Kawasaki. I only spent about 20 mins in a krx at windrock but in that amount of time I said to myself a few times Polaris and canam better be taking notes. The over all quality feel was very high. My only complaint was the turning radius wasn't very tight. I also liked the fact that my buddy bought this krx for 14600 locally here in Ohio. For that price I would never consider a Polaris na machine.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wouldn’t be able to do the KRX because of the width, otherwise I’d go that route. So, if I were getting rid of my XP and replacing it I’d probably get another one, and S1K, or a Can-am Maverick sport XC. If I keeping my XP and was adding another machine to the stable I’d probably get a RZR 570, Ace 570, or S1K mainly for the wife/kids.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I wouldn’t be able to do the KRX because of the width, otherwise I’d go that route. So, if I were getting rid of my XP and replacing it I’d probably get another one, and S1K, or a Can-am Maverick sport XC. If I keeping my XP and was adding another machine to the stable I’d probably get a RZR 570, Ace 570, or S1K mainly for the wife/kids.
So the krx is 68" and the xp is a claimed 64". But if I remember correctly the krx width is measured at ride height unlike Polaris. A xp1000 is measured at full suspension droop and is actually 67.5" wide at ride height on stock wheels. My older xp turbo was 69" wide with a 5/2 wheel. Just like my turbo s says it's 72" but it's actually 76" at ride height on stock wheels. Polaris for some reason always tries to trick the numbers. They do the same thing with suspension "usable travel" numbers. I have found that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki all seem to measure width the way you would b riding it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Naturally Aspirated it would be Kawasaki all day long

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the KRX

·
Registered
333 Posts
The krx is nice. But i woul also concider the maverick sport