Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to pull the triger on a new Keystone Fuzion (14 foot garage, triple slide out, etc) then after sitting in it for 20 minutes felt the living area was a bit too tight for my purpose and entertaining. So I am back to doing research on finding a regular 40" toy hauler ( with double or triple slides and no seperate garage).

If you were to buy a 40" TH which would it be, new or used?
What are your thoughts on buying a Weekend Warrior?

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
I was about to pull the triger on a new Keystone Fuzion (14 foot garage, triple slide out, etc) then after sitting in it for 20 minutes felt the living area was a bit too tight for my purpose and entertaining. So I am back to doing research on finding a regular 40" toy hauler ( with double or triple slides and no seperate garage).

i have seen and heard the horror stories of the older ww...but i have a few friends that have gotten some used/repo ww that are only a couple yrs old and they are real nice....their are some really good deals out their as repos are showing up

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I would certainly go used in this market... 1 and 2 year old units going for less than 1/2 of the original MSRP. I like the Fuzions, Cyclones, Next Levels in the 40' range. All depends on whats more important... a deep garage or more living space. As noted above, I was never a fan of the Weekend Warriors after all the issues came out on false weight ratings, under-rated tires, etc. but their big 5th wheels seem to be pretty solid and are a steal these days. Check out the classifieds at Glamisdunes dot com

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check out the Forest River XLR's too!!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have had the older WW 22' and it was good for about 2 years then just started falling apart. The newer ones should be a lot better... I would hope.

Then I got 32' FOREST RIVER fifth wheel I thought it was kind of crappy after getting into it fixing thing. The siding started to bubble they would not fix it.

The trailer I have now is total crap Stellar 38' stay away from them. Total crappy workmanship never again would I buy one.

If I had it to over again I would search the used market a friend of mine bought a Keystone Raptor a little over 20 grand it was one year old like new. It is a very well built unit the bottom is insulated for cold weather camping just a real nice rig.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thor makes a few models I Like the raptor line they have. They are about to release a new model I believe its called velocity. It's by far the nicest ice seen. It's 44'long has a 14' garage 3 slides. 20,000 lb gvw the first pre production model is at are local dealer sent out as a feller there is no info out yet but I can take a few pics later

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I have a 08 Jayco Recon ZX 40ft 5th Wheel. It has a 12.5 ft garage, 3 slides, 2 AC, 5.5KW Onan Gen, 4 queen beds, and two single beds. I can put two full sized quads and 3 full sized bikes in the garage or 1 RZR S and two full sized bikes. I can hold 150 gallons of water, 25 gal of gas for the toys and 15 gal for the Gen. This will be our 4th season with it and we have really enjoyed it and have had only a few minor issues. I pull it with my Chev 2500HD Duramax. I live in So Cal and last spring (09) I pulled it to Moab and made it there and back no problem. A friend of mine is in the business of RV repair including factory warranty work and has worked on virtually every make and model out there from extremely high end to the low end. I didn't buy the Jayco until he went to the dealer and checked how it was made like the frame, axles, overall construction of the walls, components used and he was impressed. It is heavy somewhere around 14K lbs dry but we really enjoy it and it is very comfortable.. I would suggest you look into one. Jayco does make standard TH (non garage style) so maybe they have something that suits you....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look at the Voltage 3900. Built by Dutchman, I saw it at the Sand and Sport Show. This is the way I will be going when I trade in the unit I currently have.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are some great deals out there right now--

I just recently sold our 40' WW. I bought it brand new, and it never went back to the dealer a single time! (I think I was lucky!). Nothing but good to say about mine. Even hauled my 5500lb JK Jeep in it several times. It would fit my LT sandrail and my Rhino! ROOMY!

Ended up selling it for $23k and it was nice! That was a killer deal. But we downsized for the RZR (sold the rail) and bought a new 24' Stealth. We bought it from a dealer in Fresno that also has alot of big 5th wheels for sale. Funcars inc. It would be worth the drive if you are within 500 miles--- I got some of the best customer service I had ever recieved from them!!! VERY happy. pm me if you want more details.

Our WW was a '07 and worked out very well for us. There are some really nice ones on the market now too.

A few pics-

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Mike, have you looked at the Fuzion that has two slide outs instead of three? It seems to have much more room. That's the one my son-in-law has. It doesn't ave the big counter smack in the middle and it has two couches in the left side slide out.

We call it the Taj Mahal! :rofl3:

·
Registered
163 Posts
You may want to check out the EnduraMax line also. I checked out a 40ft 5th in the spring when we were looking to upgrade from our 28ft bumper pull Stealth. (But then we decided to be grown-ups and build a new house... Really limited my toy buying budget)

Neat thing about the EnduraMax was that you could have either/or with the garage. The dividing wall opens and gives you a huge space, but while under tow you have the garage seperating the livinng area. The one I looked at was a 2010 and had a MSRP of just over 100K CDN. Dealership had it listed in around 61Kish. I told the sales guy if I decided to pull the trigger I'd be looking at being in the mid 50's all in. (That didn't seem to phase him.)

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
I went with the new Gulfstream Enduramax 3912. Its a little heavy for my 2500HD but it will do to finish out this season and then I will move up to a c4500 Hauler.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went with the new Gulfstream Enduramax 3912. Its a little heavy for my 2500HD but it will do to finish out this season and then I will move up to a c4500 Hauler.
Are you kidding me? I just bought one too, i think I have seen you at Little Sahara, I have a RZR4 also, i thought i would be the only one with this setup. :ride:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Take a look at the Holiday Rambler, Next Level 38.5 CKS. Overall length is 39' 10" and it has two sliders. One super slide with the kitchen area and couch and a bed room slide. The living area is open with no garage and the super slide is only about 28" deep so it does not hamper your ability to load a rzr over the axles. I have had one for 4 years and love it. I load my "S" over the axles and a couple of quads behing it and still have alot of room. I was also talking to some of the factory reps at the RV show and most stated that they were looking at bringing back the open floor plan. I like the idea of the garage and seperate living area but find that they are very limited in what you can carry. If you have a large family and have more that 2 toys, most garages wont fit the toys you have unless you get very creative.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look at the cyclone they have many different setups. We have had a 3850 for two seasons now and love it. Sleeps 12 and lots of room. Big gas reserve for filling bikes and generator. Also enclosed underside if you go to cold weather

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts

Heartland Cyclone... Hands down one of the BEST on the market...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts