Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, I recently pulled out my steering shaft to replace a U-joint. After I got it all put back together and started it up it the engine cuts out for half a second while idling and in gear low RPMs. It sounds like a “click” in the middle of idling. There doesn’t seem to be a loss of power and it doesn’t die. Any idea what’s going on? I know it’s possible I loosened a wire down near the steering rack when pulling everything out.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I can't see pulling the steering rack could cause idle issues. It didn't do that at all before you did that repair? What is your idle Rpms at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see pulling the steering rack could cause idle issues. It didn't do that at all before you did that repair? What is your idle Rpms at?
It did not do that before the steering work. I’m not sure if I snagged the brake cut off wire pulling out the rack and pinion, or if somehow some ignition wires got bumped when I pulled the shaft. I am going to try to post a video of it idling to this thread

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sounds like an air leak at throttle body or something like that. It's possible you bumbed something. This is a tough one since it wasn't doing it before the repair. What year is it?

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
While it is running, wiggle, and tug on the wire harness running down front of forward bulkhead (harness goes from dash past master cylinder, and disappears between frame and floor pan).
Do the same with harness where it comes out of fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While it is running, wiggle, and tug on the wire harness running down front of forward bulkhead (harness goes from dash past master cylinder, and disappears between frame and floor pan).
Do the same with harness where it comes out of fuse box.
Thanks, I’ll try this

·
Registered
986 Posts
It’s a 2012 800
I have a 12 also. I had that same problem and it ended up being the T Map wires at the plug were pinching. I ended up having to tape up between all the wires and zip tie the plug wires up so they're straight. I also had a nasty leak at intake boot for throttle body on head but the T Map plug was causing that on mine. Same thing never died. I replaced the T Map sensor just because my throttle body was nasty dirty but the plug was pinching. Strange how yours just started after pulling the rack. Did you have the seats off and the back access panel exposed while you ripped that steering wheel off? I've read they can be a real pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts