Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got a 2011 RZR S and dont want to dump money in it just yet. (Ie: NO MODS TELL THE WARENTY IS UP AND I SAVE UP AGAIN FROM THE 14,000.00 DEDUCTION ON MY BANK ACCOUNT)

So im wanthing to get a under $50 reusable airfilter. (twin air, Uni, no toil)

I hear K&N Suck, I run twin air filters in my KTM 530. Any good ideas, im mostly riding it on trails and open desert. What seals? What is cheaper? What flows better than stock?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I Just got a 2011 RZR S and dont want to dump money in it just yet. (Ie: NO MODS TELL THE WARENTY IS UP AND I SAVE UP AGAIN FROM THE 14,000.00 DEDUCTION ON MY BANK ACCOUNT)

So im wanthing to get a under $50 reusable airfilter. (twin air, Uni, no toil)

I hear K&N Suck, I run twin air filters in my KTM 530. Any good ideas, im mostly riding it on trails and open desert. What seals? What is cheaper? What flows better than stock?
If you are riding in much dust at all, I wouldn't even try running something that inexpensive. Obviously owning a bike already, you are aware of the importance of clean air for your machine. Don't take any chances, these things are expensive to rebuild. Look at a good quality intake as good insurance. Pinching a penny now could cost you much more down the road for a top end. Just my opinion, I didn't let my factory warranty scare me from doing what I wanted to mod on my RZR.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Add a cleanable pre-filter.
Either on a snorkle (as I did) or the Grumpy mod.
I have not changed my main filter since. Hell- I do not even clean it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Pre filter is the way to go. I have a k&n prefilter with outerware and the stock paper filter. After almost 400 miles i'm just now beginning to see dirt on the paper filter, yet i'm about to clean the k&n out for the 2nd time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wrote this FRi I went with others ideas with the K&N between seats and a UMP im waiting for. I have pics of the one between seats if you like.Dont ride with stock filter in dust or dirt I learned the hard way, mines in the shop as we speak. Good luck Ed

RZR riders, I bought a 2009 hold oever RZR with no miles, went for a ride last week and ended up being towed out by a Rino. Took it to the shop last week. Got a call from my Polaris dealer today. Sure enough I have dirt injestion and low compression. I figured no problem it only has 44 hrs and 489 miles. To my surprise Polaris basically said to bad. They said there was no documentation that it had dirt building up. Hey polaris its a new machine and just was serviced 40 miles before that. My dealer is going to rebuild it and hope that after I get the Attorney General involed and whoever else I need he will get paid. He did ask if all avenues are exhausted that I will take care of him. I told him thats more than fair. Its to bad we have great dealers to work with and the company puts it to him and the customers. I cant believe I find myself writing the same thing in here that I have been seeing from others. Polaris needs a class action suit as I have been hearing to waken them up. This being said I installed the K&N between the seat with the Holz cover and having the dealer install the UMP I ordered. Just my opinion guys I would do the same or you'll have your machine in the shop. By the way I cleaned my filter after every dusty ride. Its the worst air filter induction I have ever seen. Good luck guys and thank you for reading my thoughts. A big KUDO"S to Coveside Wheel & Ski. Thanks Kerry. COVE-SIDE WHEEL & SKI NEWPORT, ME (207) 368-2252 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (207) 368-2252 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts