Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

I think my clutch is bad

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Catturd502 
#1 ·
Welp, Broke an A-arm so replaced them and had 2000 miles on my shocks and added new springs and a re-build. So, I said Hey I should pull my Clutch and clean it. So, I found my Inner Housing broke, a hole in my clutch sheave, Bent and rubbed Sheave. well, Ya can tell by the Pics. What is a good clutch set up to buy? I'm almost broke now from the other upgrades. Anything out there that works and is for a blue-collar
Engineering Gas Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Rim

Automotive tire Gas Wood Auto part Rim

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap Alloy wheel

Helmet Automotive tire Wood Machine Automotive wheel system

worker that owns a money pit RZR.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow!

So, I’m assuming you don’t regularly blow out your clutches? We go on weekend rides. Part of machine cleaning when we return, I take the clutch cover off, inspect the belt, and blow everything out with compressed air. I am guessing that the sheaves got sanded through with the dirt particles left in there.

I have an Aftermarket Assassin’s clutch, and absolutely love it. Not cheap though. You could always get another oem clutch, but maybe clean it from time to time.

And, remember, it’s always your choice to throw money into a pit or not :)

#3 ·
Wow!

So, I’m assuming you don’t regularly blow out your clutches? We go on weekend rides. Part of machine cleaning when we return, I take the clutch cover off, inspect the belt, and blow everything out with compressed air. I am guessing that the sheaves got sanded through with the dirt particles left in there.

I have an Aftermarket Assassin’s clutch, and absolutely love it. Not cheap though. You could always get another oem clutch, but maybe clean it from time to time.

And, remember, it’s always your choice to throw money into a pit or not :)
We drove from Oregon to Tennessee and all I could think about was hitting the trails. Now I am pay the price. I didn't figure to pull and clean it and do a visual. 🧐

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.